10.29.2014

Hope you can cling to {day 29}


This was done for Susie's hope you can cling to challenge seen herebut, the more I think about this I think I should re-name it to "it'sallLydia'sFault" you see its like this, usually it's Dina that causes me to collect supplies... but, the last few months I have been looking at facebook a lot more than I ever have in my life. and did you know Lydia posts links to amazon ( frequently ) just about all the "art" elements on this card followed me home because of that. The sentiment is up on higher pop dots than the bloom which was painted a long time ago and has been gathering dust on the table since then. the flower and the sentiment were both drug through some water-based wax (derwent art bars) on the craft sheet. (you can't really see it on the bloom) The hardwood background was heat embossed with some shabby enamel then I colored over the top of that with some artgraf water color graphite tfl. 

Are you playing along with us? If not, you're missing out on the chance to lift the spirits of women battling breast cancer at MD Anderson, and also win prizes from your favorite crafty companies.

So what are you waiting for? Get to stamping!

2 comments:

Super Jen said...

I haven't been able to make a single card for HYCCT this year. At least I have a stash I can mail. Glad to know I am in good company - I am usually pretty good about resisting the dark side of the force but fell for the Art Bars as well. ;-)

Super Jen said...

PS. Awesome card. I bet is has a lot of texture IRL.