3.19.2014

WOYWW250 bloomin'


If your curious about why my mess is on display you can read all about it here on Julia's blog and play along. 


So, after the booth I treated myself to an order from wild orchid crafts ( enough to qualify for free shipping) and that box arrived on monday but, there was no time to unpack it as we had more lambs born, on Tuesday after work I started un-packing it and then was a little bit like ah, it's gorgeous but, now you need a new storage system maybe ha ha.


a closer look at the bundles of blooms


This basket stays in the closet, the vintage canning jars on the wall behind this table have a few blooms from each package and then the others are in this shopping basket that I bought from Connie when she closed her stamp store I used to teach in. so, its like an "overstock" blooms basket. The other basket is full of vintage buttons. I keep saying someday I will sort the buttons by colors and get them into the jars and I do sometimes do a few but, its reached an incredible amount of them so, they would not all fit in the jars.
I think I am going to have to keep an eye out for more jars ( taller ones) I have quite a few short jars on the shelf and that would help with being able to put more of them "away but, on display" ( which is the only way I remember to use things) all of these photos were taken tuesday night.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Stacy - How fab to see all the lambs arriving - it is definitely spring then!!!! Love your haul of flowers! I think you will be a while using them up!!! Have a great week and Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 61

Unknown said...

Lots of blooms! Must mean Spring is here. I'll be looking to see what you do with them.

Krisha said...

WOW! A busy week you've had.
Seeing any animal born is such a wondrous thing, and baby lambs are so cute.

What a haul of pretty flowers that arrived. Can't wait to see how you use them.

Happy WOYWW
Krisha #20

Lynsey said...

Wow - that's a whole lotta flowers! Great Desk photo! Lyns x

Anne said...

A riot of colour on your desk. Happy WOYWW Anne x #44

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lambing is blooming hard work, hope you're managing to get some sleep in the midst of all the woolly madness!
I love the fact that you have overspill baskets and need taller jars...you and me both!! Lol
Hugs, LLJ 39 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh my Stacy you have flowers of every colour, what a stash and I'm reading buttons too...well have lots of fun with your new goodies and have a great week Cheers RobynO#38

Lorraine said...

love flowers

VonnyK said...

Such pretty flowers. Love to see what you do with them, in the mean time go and have fun buying more jars :)
Have a great week,
Von #22

my cup of tea said...

I love flowers! Love all the colors you have!
~Donna~

Eliza said...

I love the display of flowers, I make my own and it reminded me of the time my desk was overflowing with blooms, gosh it was an awesome sight. They should keep you happy for awhile.

Thanks for visiting.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 14

stampingbowd said...

Stacy this is fun and I checked out the link you sent! What a fun blog post...I plan to join in next week!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I am totally with you on 'in view, gets used'. Anything in my room out of sight, is most definitely out of mind. Love the colours of the flowers, that deep blue is gorgeous. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #38 xxx

Carmen said...

That must be such an amazing experience with the lambing. Hard work. But amazing :)

Loving the view from your desk today - yep, a whole lotta flowers!

Thanks for stopping by mine already. The colour in my shed is inherited from when it was my OH's bird shed - that green is the preferred colour for canary breeders apparently. I liked it too so just left it.

Carmen x #80

Kate said...

Fabulous haul of flowers!

~Kate~