3.31.2014

a few random things


This was done for this weeks featured Stamper challenge, and I had this card of Jean's in my favorites since she made it, its such a beautiful design. the changes I made were to the colors, the size and the theme. Because we needed a birthday card for hubs hunting buddy. and when I finished this card and showed him Hub's started laughing and said oh, that is just like him ( Mancell ) he, never see's any wildlife in the woods ever.... So, since I had all the stuff out and I had considered adding a deer to the treeline. 


I decided to just give it another whirl and add the deer. so the deer section has more color and is popped up on this version. more like a spot light I guess. These are both 5X7 in real life. 


This was done as an second thing for the mix challenge of the written word last week. the dictionary page had discolored to that color then I had sprayed that with some red pepper. the hedgehog was stamped on the back side of some SU embossed kraft paper ( as scrap and its darker than kraft) I "almost" did not color it at all because it looked like an old comic this way but, finally caved and colored him with a white gel pen and prisma pencils.

I think this ones a couple weeks old the seed packet stamp was heat embossed on white glossy cardstock with the green powder years ago. I did pop this up to be able to give it some depth with the prima, Impress & doodlebug flowers. the thanks is from Stampendous! and the your a lifesaver is from A Muse. ( someday I hope to find some life saver candy as a stamp... everytime I come across an old on one ebay people pay huge amounts of money for that. ( rolling eyes here) 


This is a printable from pinterest that had to have been printed over an year ago. I dont know if I saved it there because, somethings I just hit print once and did not save them. will look later. the trellis is an Memorybox diecut and the leaf is wood. This one is A-6 in real life. 


another for hubs cards made with Pinterest printouts. the sentiment panel is layered with the red ridinghood cs and is up on pop dots. the DCWV pp was run through an Crafts Concepts folder and sanded after. the copper crinkled satin ribbon is unknown and this one is A-2 in real life. 


Think these are from a couple of weeks ago also. both are 3" square in real life. 


just because, I had her colored and sitting on the table for a long time now. she's an UK sized Elyzbell that was RAK'd to me from Leigh Anne ( Thanks Chickie!) colored with copic's. lots of diecuts layered on this one the top frilly frame is from a co. called hot off the press. funny thing their dies come in with foam in them like the old Quickutz ones did. the pearls are from Recollections. the lace is vintage. this one is 6" square in real life. 

1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

Lots of beautiful inspiration -- love the story about the 1st card!