3.13.2014

Paperbag Cards


This is an altered paper bag. ( an white one from Paperbilities) and closed it measures 4 1/4" X 4 1/2" I did not have to trim it. the photo paper is from Bo Bunny, the seambinding is hugsnug, the sentiment is from the My Favorite things set called just my type diecut with an spellbinders labels trio die, the heart is an cheerylynn die called Celtic Heart. The wood veneer camera was pressed into an vintage sepia pad for that color. the edges of the papers were inked with some creamy brown fluid chalk ink. 


This one is headed to my grandparents who moved out of state last November where it's warmer and they are closer to well everything. services wise. here they lived 50 miles out of town so they were able to go out to lunch maybe once a week and they spent a small fortune in gas for vehicles to get here, now they can go out to lunch every day so, I'm going to pick up a gift card to tuck into the flap on the left and write a note on the tag on the right and add some photos to the larger tag that will pull out of the bag. the shipping tags were stained with some distress stains. 


This was the first one, and its all Miss Paula's fault. see she threw down the challenge to the gals playing along in the make 100 things in 100 days challenge ( without shopping until you hit your quota) so, ( these became projects numbered 179 & 180 for me since the beginning of the year) and this particular bag is a tiny little one that is also from Paperbilities and measures 3 1/2" X 2 1/4" X 6 3/4" in real life. it is large enough to hold a gift card on the inside. I had found this slit punch in the closet from SU ( don't remember its real name anymore. ) but, I used that on the printed paper lining the pull out tag to "catch" the end of the gift card. The flowers on the cover are old Prima Hydrangea petals and the button is unknown the string is from May Arts. 



a look inside, in the flap are two small shipping tags trimmed to fit and the Happy Birthday (rubber soul) was punched with another SU handheld punch that I don't know its name either. the opening to the part where the gift card tag hides was punched with an 1" circle punch. the printed papers on this one are from basic Grey. This one is headed into the booth pile and I have no clue yet what I may charge for this but, I am planning to make a few more since I have a whole package of these bags in the closet. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are too cute!!! Yes that punch is the SU! slit punch.