8.21.2019

WOYWW #533 {Foiling take 2}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW


 So you may remember that I collected some foiling things ahead of dtgd and I had watched a video from Jennifer McGuire a while back and in my head I had the gist of what to do with these things.
the one thing it says on the jar of this deco foil paste ( for smooshing through stencils) is to not let them dry on the stencil. ( so there is a hall bathroom right around the corner from the laundry room and I figured that sink was close enough) what I didn't anticipate is our summer humidity here bounces around from 10% to sometimes as much as 20% so, on the second one I did since it was a longer stencil, It did dry on me, and I could not clean it off following the directions ( cold water and dish soap)  anyways back to this piece. somewhere hiding in a very safe as of yet undisclosed location in the cave ( er, studio) I have a really long bladed plastic spatula I picked up a long time ago for doing brass stencils with paste and evidently I moved that container where that tool hides so, I grabbed a short paint one and it was an adventure using it in the center of this one. ( I told my self I own circle dies if push comes a shove I would cut it out)

 The one on the left has a tim holtz poinsettia stencil drying on it.
And farther to the left of that is a box that arrived from watching the tv commercials a few days after I got home from the hospital there was one of those all day things on hsn. and my mama had texted me are you going to watch? and I really wasn't I actually forgot about it and then after dinner I was flipping through the channels and seen this todays special at that time was these pens that are for foiling that you could use your rubber stamps on the backside of the foil and trace the pattern with these pens and instant foiled stamped image. ( oooh you guys have seen a part of my stamp collection which is you know much larger than my stencils) and so the possiblities of this had a lot of apeal to me and my husband was no help, he is just like oh buy the things. So, by the time I caved and ordered the pens and the battery pack thing the metal magnetic sheet with magnets had sold out. (you'd think they would just put all the things you need into one package and say it cost's 100.00 instead of breaking it up in pieces and hoping you get all the parts right?)
(as of yet all I have done so far with that is charged the battery pack thing with a cell phone charger and since it does not tell you what it should look like charged I am not sure its done yet)
So then this is what it looks like this morning before work. the one on the red cardstock was foiled with Opal foil and the one on the white cardstock was foiled with red. and then I went on line and seen that ha ha she has more video's and the next thing to try is to use parchment paper instead of printer paper for the carrier sheet in the laminator and or to run it through the machine twice. and to let the laminator re heat for another 20 minutes between pieces, I ran these through back to back so the red is missing spots in the petals and the lace one actually looks pretty good and solid for one pass through the machine.
and I probably will cut out the center of the doily piece since the lines of the paste are pretty visible.
That's about it for me. I am continuing to feel better and better each day. I have not taken any mug shots of Izzy this week but, she did go get the last round of puppy shots yesterday and she now weights a bit over 40#'s. ( so, growing like a weed continues and so will the teething for at least two more months) she has decided she likes chewing on ice cubes and if someone is getting ice out of the refrigerator she will run to the kitchen to beg for one. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Caro said...

Sounds like a lot of experimentation is underway in your crafting space at the moment - I love the opal on red and the red on white that you achieved in the final photo. Have a lovely week. With Love & God Bless, Caro x (#8)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so pleased that you're feeling better Stacy, hope you continue to improve day by day! That foiling is wonderful, love the designs and colours. I've featured the poppers you questioned last week on my desk today!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, I love Jennifer she does such interesting techniques on her videos. The foiling looks great. Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x13x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. You are having great fun experimenting - just what you need in post op recovery! The poinsettia piece is beautiful, well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm Stacey a container of water next to you sounds like the way and work really quickly if big stencil.
I don’t also our humidity has never been 10% very rarely it’s been 20% but mostly around half way and in summer 80 to 90% is common.
Glad you’re feeling better, long may it continue..
.... and oh that foiling is yummy + especially the poinsettia. One thing that really puzzles me is why Jennifer McGuire calls poinsettias ... poinsetta... she leaves out the first of two vowels at end we say poin-sett-i-a. Ie say as it’s spelt. Possibly a US thing, as my mother’s daughter, we were never allowed to cut corners, linguistically or any other way! ... hence I turn into my mother!, 😆
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #3

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}