8.16.2019

Inspired by {Painted Jars}

This week Brenda has chosen Painted Jars on Pinterest as the inspiration. and I came across this jar seen below rather quickly and knew that I could use it to jump start some Thank you cards I needed.


 I started with this one for my Husband and a piece of Sahara sand cardstock from SU, I ran that through a we R memory keepers wood grain folder and then smooshed a little country (off) white paint over the top with a foam brush. to give it a little bit of that white washed look.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Thanks and Leaves set which I had not inked before this and the frayed edge ribbon is something that came from Micheal's the last couple of years in the fall. the brown string is actually May Arts burlap cord and the bloom I think is from Prima. ( I have all my fancy flowers in jars on the wall so, I do not have any packaging info anymore for them) The tiny tag diecut is from Hero Arts and this one is finished out at A2 in real life.

 A peek at what is on the inside. ( those sentiments are also from that same stamp set)

 And since it worked so well, I just used this as variations on the theme. This one has some prima leaves tucked in with glue dots.

 And these two went horizontal with some wide crochet May Arts lace instead. and different flowers, and vintage and MM buttons. One thing I did do even though the card bases are A2 is I put these all into A6 envelopes to accommodate those flowers. These were done for people who had flowers to me while I was in the hospital.

This Jar's pin can be seen here and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! The wood texture is amazing!

Kia's Place said...

Beautiful, all of them Stacy.

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous inspired designs Stacy! What a wonderful sentiment you put inside your husbands card - I bet it brought a tear to his eye!

Janice M said...

Amazing beautiful!! I so need to try to create this look with paint?! absolutely gorgeous!