2.08.2015

Inspired by Watercoloring

The  Inspiration site this week goes to a watercolor artist site seen here.

 
a closer look. I started with spraying the wc paper with water, dragging a waterbrush over the rubber then scribbiling the colors onto the rubber then spraying that with more water before stamping. so that I could tilt it up and let it run down.  These are both from Hero Arts the tall one is "a real wild poppy" and the shorter one is "a real field wildflower" these were colored with an SU watercolor crayon (green) and a cretacolor crayon (red)


the base is one of those watercolor packs that is a premade cardfront I did some art bars on a whole stack of these last week for the heck of it and they have been sitting under a box of stamps flattening out this last week. the sentiment is from the Avery Elle set oh happy day. ( love this font!)  this is just a smidge shorter than A-7 in real life. the inside is lined with MFT whip cream.


FINALLY, this is a funny thing but, I always feel like my "watercoloring" is something a 3rd grader could do better. but this one made me feel happy when I looked at it. and I think the secret is the paper. and I absolutely have to thank Dina for this one. she made the most awesome card for a CHA display for Impression Obsession. and it had the very neatest texture you ever seen... ( and so I bought some) this is the other half. I bought a pack that is A-7 sized trimmed sheets and I cut it in half for these two cards. this one I also started by spritzing the paper with water but, then I sprayed in some old paper distress spray onto the craft sheet and more water with that and kinda played with this. tilting it that way and this wan and letting it drip and then pushing it back into the puddles to pick up every last drip. and when it was dry I was impressed. I think it is the texture of the paper. (it's Shizen watercolor paper. I got it at Dick Blicks but, I think you can find it at Amazon too. 

so basically this is the same stamps and crayons and inks as above but, I did not spray the flower stamps with more water after coloring so there is not drag down on that part. this one is A-2 in real life.

1 comment: