8.18.2014

Some Holly Gift Tags


Well you see its like this, this week is Dina's week to be Queen for the day.
 and I had not made a single thing since the end of DTGD. So, I spent a crazy amount of time poking around in her gallery friday night and saturday afternoon trying to get a glimmer of something to CASE that would not be totally dorky. and I found these ornaments. I love these, I love that they are many layers and thick and so pretty... but, you see I am still just me, and I find I am far Lazier than Dina. So, mine are single layer Tags haha... and I am keeping them in my own stash which ( is not the norm) and may just relieve some of that last minute stress when Christmas gets here. 


This is actually the second batch, the first batch is below. There are 15 of them in this group. These were done by die cutting the watercolor paper into the ornament shapes and then staining with some antique linen distress and then the Penny Black winter bough was colored direct to rubber with distress and tombo markers and misted with water before stamping randomly on the tags. these have a tiny amount of Gold stickles that was applied with an Pin from a puddle squirted on a scrap. 


These are the first ones, there is 11 in this mug shot. this holly branch is an old one from SU that was stamped with some India Ink black then colored with markers and the white liquid pears were applied with a pin. the cords are hemp string and burlap string on this batch they are slightly more rustic-y than the second batch that got gold and iridescent cords. 

No comments: