4.09.2014

WOYWW253 new found old things

It's that day again, a peek into the mess as it is. You can find all the details about how to play along here on Julia's blog where it all starts. 


On last Saturday we went to garage sales (YAY! it's that time of year again) The first one was the only one
I had made a purchase at, I picked up two boxes of Pastels, an book of Quotations and these odd bottles of paints and creams and gold leafing. ( they were .25 cents & .10 cents a bottle/jar) so, no big loss if they were not good. the blue was a surprise, its some kind of a stinky stain. I think it may have been a homemade mix of what ever it is, its in a jar labeled as being "mother of pearl" haha.
The gold turned out to be a liquid that the bottle reads as being for furniture. ( and its original price tag was an whole .45 cents if that tells you how old it is) 


a top view, just messing around tried it on some watercolor paper and some studio calico wood veneers. 
the smell goes away after a while ( what a relief ) 


I did pick up a second bottle of the gold but, it said it was a different color and on the inside it has turned into a solid like cream consistency like a "rub on" and then the little white pots probably were "rub on's" at some point and have become more hard but, the whole thing comes out of the jar and then you can rub it on things. 

3 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Stacy and thanks for visiting my desk this week. Hey you had a good pick up at the sales - the paints look pretty good and you might try and you might try some liquid/water/alcohol with the other pot...never know, I've been checking out some very old bottles in my stash...some are past it. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#27

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G’day Stacy
I haven’t participated in WOYWW for maybe 9 months and I am trying to get to as many as I can. Haha another Aussie beat me her (Robyn). How cool what a great find and so cheap. The colours are gorgeous even if the smell is not LOL. Have fun with them
hugs
Annette In Oz #23

Chrysalis said...

I'm impressed you only bought at one sale! Have a great time playing, Chris # 35