4.28.2014

Random Things

Some things I just forgot to post. some of them were made for challenges at SplitcoastStampers and were posted there and because, I did not do mulitple photos of them I never got around to make a blog post for them so, its just an have been cleaning out my photos to upload folder kind of a day. ( giving my arm a break from painting at the rental house today haha) 



Just because, I have not inked or colored this flower before. ( Penny Black ) no clue what kind of a flower these are "supposed" to be but, thought I have not made anything yellow in a while and so it is. this blue panel is colored cork from Die Cuts with an View they are selling it in a pad that is like the size to mat photos with or something. ( fun stuff ) I have not tried cutting any of it yet to see if it shreds or unravels or anything like that this one was just trimmed a little on the edges of it. 
The 4U letters are tim holtz stickers. the lace is vintage. 




now this was the first half of the one I made a few weeks ago when I inked the top panel where the words are on the folder first ( which is normally how you get an beleek type look but, on this particular folder its reversed the which side is the press and which is the valley. this sentiment's from Stampin up and the star is a tiny wood veneer from studio callico pained in an shimmery metallic gold paint. I did trace along inside the dill weed with an gold pen and the centers of those are dotted with another pen too. 


This was done for an inspiration challenge a few weeks ago. I came across this ad in the inspiration site and thought well that is kinda cool ( and I have stuff to make something like it) ;) the first one of these I started to do I had used round glue dots to stick the flower soft with to give it more of a bloom-ish shape but, the sentiment ( I bought second hand and its mounted crooked) so, since I had also stamped the first version last it went over some of the blooms and was unreadable so on this version the sentiment is slightly more straight and underneath the branch. ( there is liquid pearls and flower soft where you would expect to see the lettering) Thanks for this challenge Steph! 



This birchtree die and the deer are both from Taylored Expressions, I did add chalk to both of them and drew the eyes on the deer. These all have pop dots under them. the sentiment's from SU. this one is A-6 in real life. The bird is an wood veneer that I had painted a few weeks ago. 


last week the try a new technique challenge was to make your own ribbon flower and the CAS challenge was to use an 3 colors from an color inspiration photo and so this is an combo of both of them. It's 5" square in real life. the button is sewn for real to that vintage ribbon. The sentiments from My Favorite things twisted threesome set. 


This happy birthday sentiment is what is stamped on the inside. the layers of diecuts all have pop dots between them. the roses are from wild orchid crafts. and the sentiment on the cover is from paper and such. This one is 5 1/2" square in real life, and I spent hours looking through all my old SU catalogs trying to find that butterfly. ( it looks a lot like the ones in that old Easter set with the three bunnies but, its much larger the date on the sticker says 1999 and the rubber is red. 


This is an PSX tulip on dictionary page with an Gina K sentiment. The base of the tag was run through the embossing folder and has some metalic rub-on on it. 

No comments: