1.27.2013

FS312 Lacy Wishes


an closer look. the smocking scrap was very thick, and the second side of it ( the laces are machine stitched to a top panel same shimmery opal cardstock as the cardbase.) and it slipped but, when I am doing such a small piece that thick this seems to be a common thing. I dont see it slip anymore... ( and yes it was wrapped around and scotch taped to that panel before it went through the machine) but, I think i am going to have to start using some glue dots on the front of the piece before stitching also. when it weighs so much. 


at any rate its still an use-able card. this is 5X7 in real life. the base is stardream opal and the sentiments from Hero Arts pen wishes heat embossed in seafoam white. the lace and smocking are vintage as is the white crochet bloom. this card was done for this weeks featured stamper. Congratulations Bonnie, this is her card I chose. The tannish doily was from some pack from Jules store when it first opened. ( I don't remember the mfg details sorry)  So the changes I made are more layers, stamps and switched out the pearl for a button. 

No comments: