10.17.2023

watercoloring real leaves

 This week Linda has shared this video called Leaf Printing on Greeting Cards: Easy Autumn Watercolor and Stamping DIY for Beginnerson YouTube seen here by Kate Miles Art  using real leaves with watercolor paint.

So, I went outside an plucked two leaves off the weeping birch in the front yard and gave it a whirl


 And then I proceeded to stamp a sentiment across the bottom Crooked. yes, its a thing.

and a day or two after that I was telling my  husband I wish I had a maple leaf on the smaller side to fit on a card front. we went on our weekly breakfast date pre grocery shopping and in the parking lot of the grocery store when we came out there was one perfect sized maple leaf on the ground right where I would step into the truck and I plucked it up and told him it was fate.


now this leaf had been blowing around for who knew how long as there were no maple trees near this parking lot. and so, 


it did not go as well as the fresh leaves that were smaller, so I painted on some more paint and tried it again.

which did not get any better but, at this point I decided to just paint on some more paint and make textured paper. ( this may get stamped or painted over some time as background texture ) not sure yet.

So, I went out and plucked more leaves off our tree.


the first one was cool, the second two I put too much water onto them but, I decided to just roll with it at this point I was out of time.


Finished it off with some distress oxide vintage photo along the edges and an Serendipity stamps sentiment stamped in "falling leaves" ink. the print is an unknown scrap, the lace is vintage and the base is textured Bazzill. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: