10.31.2023

watercoloring a fall forest

 This week Kia has shared this video seen here on YouTube from Emma Jane Lefebvre on  easy & quick Autumn Cards and I chose the one with the forest in fall colors. I loved that one. I started with a cold press scrap and Daniel Smith watercolors.


First round of paint, just a small thing I did not manage to get as much blur to mine. so, I did let this dry and added more.


A closer look at the second round of paints. 

I wanted to keep it simple so, I die cut the painted panel and the copper shimmer layer with Large Spellbinders Deckle edge rectangle dies ( these are really old, and when I seen these were the "large" version it made me curious if there was a smaller sized set. These are on some textures bazzill at an A6 size and the sentiment here is from the Unity Stamps Thankful Oak set on an orange scrap that was die cut with one of the stitched slimline dies. ( I have several) I am pretty tickled with how this turned out. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: