10.21.2020

WOYWW # 594 {the nearly dial-up edition}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

 
holy cow, before I speak too soon this just might work today. ( there are so many people trying to use the internet from home now that the hot spot at our house does not cut it anymore, its worse than dial-up lol) So, we are on a waiting list to have a fiber line installed. but, the longest that may take is 7 more weeks the soonest may be 5. I drug the sofa table I color at out of the corner from the stamp shelves and put it on a wall in the more open space in the room to have more light to see. so far so good, I am coloring again for the first time in a long time.  

I have so many photos I have not shared here yet, and I really don't want to jinx this so, I am going to let this go through now as is. I hope you are all doing well, I will be driving all day for work today and it does not like to load any sites with photos on this barely there connection so, it may be at slow times at work before I can comment and it just seemed better to not post and then not be able to go visiting. but, I do think of y'all often and hope you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Sue said...

Dial up! Now that's a blast from the past. Love the colouring. Isn't it therapeutic? I'm trying to get better at blending and that's something I never thought Id say at my age! Take care with hugs, Sue #35 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We don't care how long you are here for it's just good to see you. Hope you get the cable in soon. Wishing you a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x20x

Felicia said...

As Sue said, dial up...BLAST from the past! I don't miss those days at all!!!! I hope your waiting list gets shortened and you get fiber real soon! The difference is amazing!! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #32

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You won't know yourself when you have fibre, it's sooooooo much quicker! You'll be uploading loads of photos then, lol 😉
Hugs LLJ 17 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Just look at that colouring - I have stamped exactly the same Bethlehem stamp for some of my cards this year. Enjoy colouring it - or will you leave it as it is? Hope you manage to visit folks despite your slow internet. I reckon the internet is generally slower at the moment - mainly, I suppose, because we are all trying to use it more while at home more...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

hope you get your upgrade soon! I thinkyou're right about the speeds. with so many more people at home. take care, stay safe. Helen #2

Chrissie said...

It's amazing how quickly we get used to having things work really fast, so that when they have a hiccup it becomes really frustrating. We recently had to have a booster fitted for our WiFi as we couldn't watch a film on Catch Up without constant buffering! ALso my laptop would drop internet connection at the drop of a hat!
Hope your techy problems are all ironed out really soon!
Stay Safe
Chrissie #10

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I'm sure getting fibre broadband will really make a huge difference for you, it works brilliantly here in the UK. Like the images on your desk, they look fab. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the new cable is sooner rather than later Stacy. Good to see you back. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Karen said...

Hi! we had to upgrade our internet too since covid started. It's great that your coloring ~ Have fun with it, and enjoy the weekend! ~ Karen#40

Shoshi said...

Beautiful colouring, Stacy, and what pretty coloured pencils all lined up ready for use! I'm sorry you are having tech problems. We seem to be OK here with so-called hi-speed broadband although I don't think it's ever been as hi-speed as they say!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #22

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late Stacy, hope you see this before you hit the road for another week of work! Miss your posts, but totally get the near dial up situation, it’s amazing how fast we’ve all become accustomed to our hot spots!! I see on your desk you have the Bethlehem scene stamped. I made a card with it just yesterday. Am not convinced I’ve done a great job either, and maddeningly for me, it’s wider at the top Thant the bottom so looks as if I haven’t cut it straight....need to refigure my mounting plan!! Please show me what you do with yours, I’m nnot above copying, remember!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Good luck getting the fibre.
Lovely colouring - so therapeutic I find!
Sorry to be late visiting.
Susan #24

Kelly said...

HI Stacy. I so get the internet thing. I moderate a daily video on YouTube and am having to use my iPad to play the video while I monitor the chat on the laptop. I have a satelite internet provider but like everyone else, they've 'cut the power' to give everyone a fair chance.. or so they say. Why have I not noticed before you are on SCS? LOL Coloring is theraputic, they say. I love coloring, mostly with my Stampin' Blends or watercolor pencils. Cya tomorrow! Creative BLessings! Kelly #31