10.25.2020

October's Christmas Cards so far

 These are all out of order and kind of stuck together just have fingers crossed they will load, you can click on photos to enlarge and hit your browsers back button to continue reading. ( I think )

A while back there was a watercolor wednesday challenge to watercolor over the top of a piece that had been run through a textured embossing folder. ( so this was done for that) This was colored with some Kurtake gansai watercolors and then I added some crystal stickles glitter glue to the berries sections for some additional shine. The tree is a sticker from Hobby Lobby.
This weekend's Inspiration challenge headed to the Riverbend store site and I came across this Star garland and thought, oh, you have that Impression Obsession Holiday shell border that could work for this.. This was colored with pencils and has some Nuvo crystal drops and stickles glitter glue over some shells too. The sentiment here is from the SU itty bitty Christmas set.

This is a slimline (4" x 9") gatefold opening card using the Woodware from Creative Expressions Christmas peaceful night.  (Bethlehem stamp.) I did add some very pale shade of pencils to this with some white gel pen and glitter pen on the swirls and star. I decided to use use the blue as an outline to give the idea of a night sky without coloring the whole thing.
This was the first version I had stamped and colored this one on some Neenah millstone. ( its more of a sand color) and also has the Star dream navy shimmer as a mat. I did use the Pink fresh studios slim  stitched rectangle dies to cut the image and the mats. ( one card has the plain dies, one has the stitched edge dies)
Now this was done just messing around as I had made the card seen below first for the Mixed Media challenge last week ( which was to paint your own tree or branches free hand and I had painted the cat and swiped the tree boughs with markers...) Yeah, that happens. The cats & sentiments on both cards are from the Tim Holtz Stamptember 2020 set co branded with Simon Says Stamp. this one is A2 in real life.
A few weeks ago the Inspiration challenge headed to the fat quarter shop and I found this fabric online that inspired the colors here. The Penny Black poinsettia was stamped twice on some soft sky cardstock and colored with pencils. I did cut one up and use it to be a underlayer of petals in a more slightly red tint of this. The sentiment here is from Tim Holtz.


This version the eyes are also colored over with a white gel pen and there is also clear nuvo crystal drops on the light bulbs.

This one was done jump started by the Dirty Dozen's October prompt this month just to see if I could. and its kind a different look for me ( I think ) I never would have came up with this without that challenge that is for certainly sure. The tree is an older Sizzix die with some black stickles glitter glue on it. I did cut the shank off the star button and the sentiment is a printed sheet 
from Simon Says Stamp. 
The school is supposed to make a final decision if the Shepherds Market will be able to hold before this Thanksgiving on November 1st. my best guess is that it will have to be postponed until the Virus is more under control and so, I really have not been making that much this year because, that is what I have thought all year long. but, I do have things left over from previous years and I will be ok if by some chance it does hold. It seems very strange to not be in craft like a crazy woman zone right now at this time of year, and to make up for it I have been in shop like all the stores are closing tomorrow zone instead lol. Yeah, the haul is pretty embarrassing so, I am trying to play with some of it.  That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Karen said...

These are terrific! I love the tall card of Bethlehem, that's beautiful ~ and the cat in the tree cracked me up! Happy crafting ~ Love, Karen#23