6.18.2017

Snow Pocket

 It's the day they honor a Featured stamper at SplitcoastStampers and today they picked Kelly and I found this gem in her gallery ( she actually has lots of fun gift container ideas if you are searching for some) and I loved the idea of embossing the glassine... I have never ever considered this anywhere in my head I don't think so, it really grabbed my attention.
Changes were the size of envlope is smaller and I switched the them to a winter vibe.
oh, that and the trendy shoot it flat on the woodgrain backdrop snap shot ;)
 ( this was taken with my cell phone by the way on a piece of printed paper with some to be altered in the next (never) domino's underneath of the right side of the pocket to pop it up a little over the embossing folder and give the shot some depth.



A closer look at the center, the larger snowflakes are both Sizzix ones that I cut sometime last winter and saved for "someday" (which happens to be today) ;)
the tiny one in the center is from the lawn fawn stitched snowflakes die set. the Sentiment is from the Hero Arts set called holiday tags cut, with one of their dies that is sold by itself. The string is from May Arts.
A closer look at the finished pocket. this was kind of like embossing vellum ( it wouldn't surprise me to find this is the same "kind" of paper actually) and so when I was first opening the pocket after removing it from the folder I did do it slowly as the two layers smooshed really good together in my bigshot. Anyways, just quick and simple one from me today, I think I may tweak this idea a little more and do a few of them for both personal gifts and maybe some extra's for the booth. because, there are like 50 of these envelopes in the package and I think this could very well be the first time I have played with one of them.

No comments: