6.05.2017

For TOS {thatotherSharon}

Once upon a time when we first bought this house Sharon sent me some of the tubers from her garden from Kansas inside a damp baby diaper through the mail. ( which worked really well as you can see) :) unfortunately her husband passed away a week ago and needing to do a sympathy card for her I had come across this Iris stamp from Magenta and thought maybe maybe.


I wanted it to have an no line look so, I used distress oxide pads to stamp it and used polychromo's pencils to fill in the space where the bloom meets the stem ( and color them) The funny part about all this is, I stamped and colored this first and then the day after when I mailed this card I found one had opened to shoot it. so, I did have the colors in my head right just the stamp had more of an Siberian Iris look to the petals so the colors are not in the same spaces..

The background was done with a textured white piece of Bazzill cardstock and I just patted some Distress oxide inks on the craft mat and spritzed it with water and mopped it up more or less using the peeled paint, wilted violet, Worn lipstick & fossilized amber colors. the Sentiment is from the Altenew Thinking of you set and stamped with some Versafine onyx ink.

A peek at the inside. That sentiment is from a new Hero Arts set called You are loved.and this card finished out at A-7 in real life. And then when it was done I started to worry that it was "too pretty" color wise, I usually add in some black on sympathy  cards and then just decided to roll with it, I tend to like cards better if I go with the first gut thought.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! Your coloring is excellent and I love the background you created to go along with your main image! So pretty!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use products from companies Cropstop carries in the store (you did!).
You can check it out here:
www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/may-challenge-link-party-28

Janice M said...

This is so pretty Stacy! I'm sure she will love an appreciate this work of art. I really need to get those inks and play with them.

A Place for Kia said...

Beautiful Stacy ... your card and your yard!