3.19.2017

Tulips for DJ

 Today's featured stamper is the uber talented DJ Rants... and I have been a huge fan of her talent for a long time and promptly hunted down this beautiful Tulip card from my favorites to CASE. I love how so many of her cards have the gorgeous layers and lace peeking out. So, with the need to make changes I did consolidate some of the layers to go a little more simple. This card finished out at 5 X 7 in real life. the tulips from Marianne Designs tiny tulip border were stamped with some versafine on Neenah cream and colored with polychromos pencils. some of the pigments were melted with a prisma color less blender marker and then later I ended up adding more pencil over that. And then later after I shot this I ended up adding some clear wink of stella on the petals. I did cut the bottom scallop edge first (pretty pink posh stitched borders #4) and then cut the stitched scallop die (waffle flower lacy layers a7 die) over the top of all that so, I used scissors to cut off the bottom from the sides.  That lace is vintage and so is the button.

A closer look at the image with the lace ( which really is nearly the same color as that shade of cream so, its harder to see it.) if you click any photo on this blog it should open up as larger and then you can use your browsers back button to continue reading. There is a bit of Karen fosters scrappers floss through the button with some glue dots hiding under it all just in case.

3 comments:

Janice M said...

This is so pretty Stacy! Love the combo way you cut out your image and then added the lace.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, you sure enable me! I absolutely love this beautiful tulip border stamp and your gorgeous coloring. You've added so much depth and made a beautiful card with the great scalloped border and the pretty lace, button, and twine! Hugs! xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

This is absolutely stunning!