3.08.2017

Oxide Inks (and the other desk)

 So I mentioned last week that I had gotten impatient waiting for my "instock" oxide pads to ship when I came across them on the shelf in a not so local store these three colors followed me home... and so, I did the first round of messing with them. the ones towards the left were done smooshing the colors from the pad to a craft sheet and blotting/smooshing with water. I did try the add water when it was being dried between layers of color but, I don't really "see" the oxide effect. ( its possible that some colors make it more visible than others, kinda like how when you are melting some prisma pigments they change from purple to pink kwim?) anyways. the one with the Club Scrap (woven strands line) stencil was done with the foam circle blenders and I did smoosh some hard lines onto the piece and it did blend easier than anything I have ever tried to blend ink and pad wise so that did impress me. I also love the smooth chalky finish that piece dried as.
 a closer look at those back grounds, done on one lumpy textured scrap, some thin neenah solar white (80#) and a couple pieces of thin 80# neenah cream ( the postage die cut and stenciled piece)

 The textured piece became a Featured Stamper CASE on sunday because, I seen this neat card in Lyn's gallery and loved it. so the laundry list of stamps on this card is as follows.Altenew Birthday Greetings, Avery Elle so happy, Inky Antics Birthday lotto, Honeybee Smile, Hero Arts many everyday messages, My Favorite Things big birthday, mint owl studio snarky birthday, Mama Elephant Labeled messages, lawn fawn scripty sayings, Simon Says Stamp its no secret, Technique Tuesday randome acts of cardness ( I did use my Misti for this )
 On monday the CAS challenge was to do something "green, Irish or Lucky" so, what the heck right? ( I did mention that I had made this background in advance ) this one is not all three colors just the two greens.

 The postage stamp die is from Tim Holtz and the lumpy sentiment sticker is something I "found" when I had to clean out my closet a couple of weekends ago because, I had hauled all my coloring mediums I had down stairs back up the stairs... so, It looked very neeked with just the background and the sentiment and I kept intending to add some kind of Black die cut for a sihlouette but, then I seen this sparkle pale blue scrap in the little tray on the table and thought maybe. ( its still not my favorite card ever but, I will mail it out like this.)

 Oh, before I did the poppy diecut on that card above, the new pencil sharpener was delivered to work this morning so, I did sharpen a handful of pencils (prisma ones) on the #1 setting and I did get sharper tips than I normally do with the metal one I have been using for years ( seen above hiding behind the water mister bottle) and I did open all the other new colors, my friend at work ended up buying my duplicate pads from me when they arrived on monday and I do like the shades I have seen so far. ( I just smooshed the corners on a paper to look at them I have not "made" anything with any of them yet) but, I do like them and I think as time permits they will be the "thing" I am into for the next little while. I was actually really pleased with the smooshing through the stencil part the best and I have collected a lot of stencils the last few years that I just don't play with much. ( my patience level for drying times on smooshing texture through the holes tends to make me do something that will dry faster)

A closer look this is a pencil sharpener that Dina mentioned recently and it does come in different colors. ( I think I will get a second one some time for my "travel" art bag. ) (oh, and the price has gone up since I bought one so if you are not in a hurry toss it on your watch page a while maybe it will go back down?)

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Bet you have colored tips - I always do when playing with inks! Looks like you had fun, and I love the poppy card! Great backgrounds!
I'd like to invite you to link up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use products from companies the store carries. (You did!) Happy crafting!
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26/

Janice M said...

I must be behind times cause I haven't heard/seen of these inks yet! Do I need them??! Might have to look them up an pick my favorite 2 or 3 to play with. Love what you created with them!