4.29.2016

Make a Wish { Two Paper Diva's}

As soon as I seen these candles in the new Make a Wish set from Two Paper Diva's I knew what I wanted to do with them ( paper piecing) and I started with a 6" sheet of random dotted pattern thinking it would be easier on the eyes when it was finished not having something that was not perfectly lined up. I was able to get 19 candles from that single sheet of paper and so I did knowing that I had two birthdays in April & May I needed cards for. this top one went to a Man and the one below went to a woman. the wood grain paper (also my minds eye) was cut with an spellbinders adorning squares die and the outer edge was raised up on pop dots. that allowed me to wrap the vintage lace around the candle cluster.

 Both of these cards are 6" square in real life and finally been opened by the recipients so, they became safe to post haha. The base printed paper is from fancy pants called park bench. the base it self is bazzill. The sentiment on this one is from the banners one set cut with a memory box primo label die. with some Kaiser craft pearls on the ends. The diecut printed paper is a subtle looking lace one from Authentique. The candle bodies are glued to these background diecuts but, not the flames so the flames do have some dimension to them being layered and stacked and not adhered flat. but, the frame being up on pop dots should protect them from being mangled.


One of the things I did to each of these candles ( they were all stamped twice, once on the printed paper and once again on white neenah smooth cardstock) was after paper piecing the print to the smooth and coloring the flames I did line the edge of all the wicks with a grey maker so that it takes away from your eye that bits of white that are between the wick and the top of the candles. ( its a very slim piece of cardstock cutting that) so, this leaves some paper along the edge in those corners for some stability but, it makes that paper not as visible. so the candles on the right the wicks have been edged and the ones on the left have not. and then I had to laugh at my self because, I added the shimmery blue gel pen to the wicks not the tips of the flames. such is life I tend to chalk that kind of goof up to artistic flair and call it good. after this photo was shot I then went over the tops of all the flames with an yellow spectrum noir glitter pen. it did blend the yellow & orange and give it a solid sparkle too.

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Stacy beautiful cards great those candles.
your otjer cards are beautiful and gorgeous and great projects too.
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I love both of these cards. The candles are fabulous, and they are perfect paper pieced with the great dotted DP! Sweet cards! Hugs!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are super fun! I live how you used black and white, like dressing it up for a formal occasion! :)

Unknown said...

Love, love these candles! Black and white such a classy look!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Came back to comment again on Design Team WEdnesday, I really love this!