4.15.2016

Ballet Birthday Cards


 Do you all remember when I was doing those custom birthday cards for a man's grandchildren? Yes? so, when he seen the first batch of them he thought the kraft cards I had made were "for a boy" and I stuck my foot in my mouth and said well I Do, have one more ballerina stamp in the mail on its way to me I could do you something different for Olivia ( in Pink because, he was pretty sure girls should get pink) ( she is graduating from high school soon)
fast forward to happy mail arriving from Serendipity stamps. ( the is the gal she is tying her ribbons on her leg) It's also been so long since I made them the nitty gritty details are fading. but, I am pretty sure the wishing you joy is from Gina K and the happy birthday is from SU. this is 6" in real life.


 A closer look at the gal, I had stamped her twice on cream Neenah and colored and paper pieced the cut out second image onto the first for some depth. This particular card went into the booth sale container. that flower is some lumpy ( hard) resin? not sure the material, but it was from Martha Stewart I think.


 This is the card he received. the Happy in burgundy is from Stampendous, the scripty looking happy birthday is from the Altenew birthday greetings set and the Olivia was spelled out with an Lawn Fawn alphabet set. this uses the other piece of the embossed panel with the music notes and on this version she was stamped on white cardstock and also colored with copic and pencils and I added in some bitty recollections pearls for texture.

This is a single layer image on this one. Just cleaning out the to be uploaded folder. ( yes, there are still things I have not shown you guys yet) :)

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Stacy
Gr Karin

Aimeslee Winans said...

I'm behind in sharing my cards, too. It has been a busy card making spring for me. Those cards are adorable. I hope Olivia likes pink! xoxo, Aimeslee

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a beautiful card, Stacy, and I just love this ballet image! I love being able to see her entire outfit as she bows (not sure of the exact movement she is doing). What a beautiful color combination and lovely DP! And I especially love that you've popped her! Hugs!