5.06.2015

WOYWW #309 {Brusho's}

Happy Wednesday! Deskers the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess Julia's blog. (where you can see what everyone else playing along this week was up to)
 


I had received this in the mail on monday night and ( I did not make any time to play just carried the box up stairs and cut it open on tuesday. decided I should see what they do real quick with cold water after reading to use warm water because, there really wasn't that much time to play so, I grabbed a previously water colored with derwent art bars card front, sprayed it with cold water and stuck my fingers into that pot for the tiniest pinch of powder to "poof" over the water. it looked pretty cool for a minute or two then I picked up the card and the water ran which ever way it wanted to ( together) so. then I had more blue on my fingers than the wc card haha. so, I grabbed a baby wipe. didn't touch it, use the purell also no go. finally went in the house and soaked them in some dish water for a while to get rid of the smurf effect. 
I did hit this with a heat gun after this shot too but, so far that is all that has happened. thinking about misting it again maybe tonight and adding some browns to it. and also thinking about what to use as a tool to pinch some powder ( thinking it will waste less of it if I don't have it covering my fingertips)
In the background is an charlie brown type tree stamp I found at a yard sale last weekend. with some sentiments I have used recently. ( a cuppa joe) , off to the left is a really cute old snowman die from sizzix (also from the yard sale) made a card using it but, have not posted it anywhere yet. towards the top is a SU butterfly diecut, June borrowed my dies and cut some for me while she was at it so, I left one out to remember to play with them. I think I am mostly OK with what I have made so far for the booth and I will most likely be doing gathering and such type things this next week.

7 comments:

J said...

Hi Stacy, thought I recognised your photo from ScS! I
I keep seeing brusho's, I'm trying not to look at them and get interested as I'm just getting into chalk paints.
Jan S. No 40

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, not surprised it coloured your fingers. I have used Brushos for years and was quite surprised when I saw them suddenly become so popular with papercrafters. I had always used them with my pupils for colouring fabrics which they do very well especially natural fibres like cotton and skin! as you can imagine I always had big aprons at the ready to cover the children.
Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

jill said...

I haven't brought any brusho products yet. I get in enough mess using Dylusions spray inks.
happy woyww Jill #25

Princess Judy Palmer said...

As soon as I saw your first photo I was so excited to see that you got Brushos!!! They seem so interesting and fun. And yes, messy, which is why I won't ever get them but will admire what the rest of you are doing with them.

I thought of you recently as I dumped out the contents of a desk drawer recently.... and promptly spilled a box of straight pins all over. I picked them up and decided it was a bad omen and not to start rearranging drawers yet. This coming weekend I'll have company so it won't happen then either... unless I can convince her that is the most exciting thing to do in Tucson! Ha!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

And oh... sorry to tell you that this and the previous comment came for THIS life not the afterlife. The meeting was annoying and frustrating (due to lousy video conferencing) but it didn't kill me. It killed some time I'll never get back though.

Julia Dunnit said...

I am fascinated by the brushes and will be leaving you to do all the experimenting...like the Princess, I can't bear the mess I'll end up in! Sounds like your booth stock is under control...must make you feel quite confident.

Annie Claxton said...

hehhehe sounds like fun, love getting messy! That blue watercolour effect looks beautiful. Happy WOYWW :o) Annie C #57