2.02.2013

Pink Skies


today felt a little pink, first card I did was another VSN sample ( for march ) and then the last card I did today was also an VSN sample for march... so, they are not flashing here yet... but, I will be updating my totals in the stamp to spend challenge on scs...


just another angle.


this image was rak'd to me so long ago. ( I think its IO but, not sure on that anymore) colored it with Copic's and cut out the tub and then used an spellbinders tag on the sentiment part of it. the plastic flower is from Heidi swapp. the heart brad liner ( not sure what its called but has a hole to poke a brad through it) is unknown, big flower brads were rak'd to me years ago. photo corners are Heidi Swapp also. this one's 6" square in real life. 


Unfortunatly I needed a sympathy card this week for June's family, and so I CASE'd my self and the VSN card I did for Val's challenge ( kinda ) which used up the last of these cheerylynn die cuts from Janice, so I ordered me this die and found out it comes in two sizes ( so bought them both actually) this card is 4" X 9" in real life. sentiments from SU. vintage lace. the embossed paper layer came with the envelope for this but, I dont remember who makes them anymore ( may be MM) 


The canvas tag was inked with some distress paler pink colors and the SU sentiment was stamped direct on it with some Versafine. This shipping tag ( size 5 ) was stained with some left over reinker/water dye mix that I made up this afternoon for the cheesecloth below. 


This Panda was rak'd to me last year because, I had made a request J's girlfriends fav. animal is an Panda bear... and I have to dig in the drawer to see if I have anymore of these guys to see who makes it and who sent it and such. this one is also 6" square in real life. swirly pp is basic grey, heart pp is from Making Memories, the pink distress pp is from DCWV, black and cream ( and a whole bunch of spellbinders dies) Some pink stickles on the black scalloped circle diecut. 


This one is also 6" square, the rubber romance diva was rak'd to me years ago and she's colored with copics. bubbles are lined with an stardust gel pen. scraps that have been on the table since HYCCT...


my friend Janice rak'd me a large piece of cheesecloth, and I have been trying to remember to buy some of this to play with and so I cut off a piece and dyed it in some tap water mixed with ranger tattered rose and barn red reinkers. added the red to the mix because, the pink by itself did not add much color. it did not take long to dry. 


just a closer look.


snipped off a piece of the dried stuff for some texture on this card ( its A-2 in real life ) the Love is an gift I received from Taylored Expressions from last year's Hope you can Cling to challenges and its paper pieced. the U is an plastic alphabet on an MM tag. the ric rac is vintage. the with all my heart ( looks like washi tape eh?) is an old old stamp from SU. the score pp is from Making Memories and the stripe is from graphic45.


the view out my window right as I shot the above last card... the last card of the day the light was gone by then, but turned off the overhead light behind the camera because, it was reflecting off the glass. so, the weedy sticks at the bottom are actually the tops of the trees in front of the barn. 

1 comment:

Janice M said...

O WoW! Love the cheesecloth dyed in color! I've only ever done the tea stain with it. LOVE the way you used that Butterfly die too, sorry you needed to make that card though.