2.28.2013

Lovefest continued...


done for the first Lovefest challenge to use 

O
V
E
So the LOVE stamp was stamped with Versamark and was heat Embossed with some Zing Blush powder on some Vanilla cardstock the words were inked with an milled Lavender marker. the edges were cut with pinking shears and inked with creamy brown chalk. this is up on pop dots. the Spellbinders lacy oval was cut from some shimmery DCWV paper and then the center was cut out with an small petite Ovals die. the MM Polkadot pp was cut by hand ( the flag part ) so the edges are inked with pink pastel chalk. the button is Vintage and there is some karen fosters scrappers floss in it. the Lace is Vintage and is machine sewn to the basic grey layer. this is A-6 in real life. 


Well, this one was *almost* like cheating I guess because, all of these things were on the table, and I had been thinking about turning this suede scrap into some kind of a book mark type note card for a while but, was not sure what to do with it and decided to let today's Verve color challenge, let the colors do it all. the lace is vintage, this is 2 1/4" x 5 1/2" in real life. 


This was done for the sweet 'n Sassy sketch challenge, I did tweak it a bit switching out the oval for an heart because, my lacy oval die cut was not cutting it for frilly ness. The cocoa is colored and cut out twice there are layers of pop dots between them and the edges were inked with an grey C0 copic marker. this is 6" square in real life


A Closer look at the cocoa


this was done for that fabulous Unity inspiration photo challenge, the gal is stamped on Neenah with Memento and colored with copic's. this is 6" square in real life. 


I do not have anything from The Greeting Farm, and so, just put this together simply with things on the table. I tend to stamp sentiments on scraps of cardstock and die cut them for future (someday) use... this one was diecut with an spellbinders mega deckle rectangle die and the edges were inked with some creamy brown chalk. the heart is wood and was stained with distress. The shipping tag was previously stained. 


For the cats pajama's color combo challenge.


I ah do not have any cat's Pajama's stamps so, when I squint at the inspiration photo the flowers in the bottom corner caught my attention as being similar as this Stampendous bloom. this is 5 1/2" square in real life, and I have to tell you this challenge pushed me way out of my comfort zone colorwise, but I really like how this turned out. 


These were done for the Taylored Expressions 3" card sets challenge. the birdy's and sentiments are from the wreaths of love set, stamped with Memento on Neenah and colored with copic's and distress markers. there is some Bisque liquid pearls in the centers of the flowers on the nests. the tumbled glass was colordusted into the die cuts before they came out of the die. the swirly printed paper is fancy pants and the gingham is DCWV.


Done for the My Favorite Things challenge, this is 5 1/2" square in real life. nope, did not crochet the doily. its from a craft store called sunshine crafts and came to me attached to an gift. The house shape was cut by hand from some recollections corrugated paper. 


lili of the valley kids colored with copics 


Done for the score pal flip, flaps and lots of folds challenge. the penny black sentiment ( larger one made me laugh it is SO something hubs would say... was looking for an small Happy Anniversary to stick with it and came across the Lockhart catch sentiment and thought OK these work together...) the kids are from Lili of the Valley stamped on Neenah, colored with copic's the embossing folder is from craft concepts budding vine. the gingham pp is graphic45 the creamy swirly one is my minds eye. the base is bazzil. this is 6" square in real life. the lace is all vintage and the skinny satin is May Arts. I had originally planned to do an Swinging Z fold card and then I realized as I was gluing the kids on I skipped cutting their base shape out of the card front so it is just glued on.


This was an "needed" card, ( for people at work to sign for hubs b-day next week) and knowing that I did color this a few weeks ago... but, I had no idea what I wanted to do with it so it sat. (there is nothing like a challenge to push you to get stuff done eh?) So, this uses 4 spellbinders dies. the happy birthday ribbon was tied to some of my birthday gifts last year and the colors just worked, the tag was stained and that frill out the hole is basket filler with some vintage sequins, MM jump rings and a silly fish brad. ( was trying for a stringer messy tackle pile but, who knows...) anyways. 


the whole card view.

No comments: