10.07.2012

The rest of this first week's HYCCT challenge cards


I think this is one of the most encouraging sentiment's I own. and Im also guessing that if you first were arriving at this center or receiving this diagnosis it would feel like being caught in a net. so, that is how this card was built. Its also 6" square in real life. thanks for this challenge Kathy! 


So all week long I mentally went through my stamps, and not kidding I have them in the 4 figures range... and not a single one of them says courage ( I dont think, the last place I can look would be the patriotic stamp boxes) but, anyways, digging for pink papers I came across this paper and thought it would fit with this Our daily bread sentiment and so. this is the first one for Kathy's courage challenge. it looked so plain after it was done I ended up making another. this is 6" square in real life, tfl!




This sentiment came from that co. that was going to ask nearly everyone on scs to be part of their design team danged If I can remember their name... ( its the only stamp I bought from them I kept.) the lace is vintage and the ribbon's may arts. this is 5" square in real life. thanks for this challenge Edna.


These were done for today's challenge of a Pink Music card... and I looked through most of the Printed papers I have with music backgrounds are not pink... so, while I was digging for courage themed stamps I came across this and thought well you could paper piece it pink. and so I did. these are 4" square in real life. thanks for this challenge Tenia! 


This one has been stuck in my head all week... whatcha gonna do? oh and then that Cops show song kicks in. (and that is the only line I know) So I'm really glad to be done with this one ;) so, went upstairs and just started pushing papers around. the ray quilted looking paper actually had a sentiment about sunshine on it that was cut out to make a frame for the inkadinkado kids quote sentiment. this is 6" square in real life. thanks for this challenge Lori! 


These were done very simply for the please strip challenge, last year was my first time so only one strip (but, they did make me go back and re-do it) the strips are floral fabric washi tape. and these are A-2 in real life. I hardly ever stamp sentiments direct to the card so, today I learned this one is mounted crooked. ARRGH! 


Okay most the story is in the other photo... This tag was stained with ranger spun sugar and the torn edges have some tattered distress ink on the stamped panel. that filigree was heat embossed with a pink blingy powder. the sentiment is from Inkadinkado and its on a PTI die cut, that I did the mat for this with perfect layers and a square punch. 


So... here is the story, I waited all week for it to be friday ( worked late again ) by the time I made it past the good bakery ( they were closed ) went to albertson's as they are the closest to my house their cupcakes did not look so good. So this had to wait until today so I could bake some ( strawberry with buttercream via betty crocker) {they taste better then they look but, the even baked kinda distressed Pink} used the template in Lee's post for the Skip to my Love pattern, seen this on pinterest thought oh how cool... found Oval and Heart shaped doilies in the closet Rolling eyes here, so used an oval with the other template. ( its too big ) just so you know if you want a custom fit... fit them wrappers before you frost. ;)
Thanks for this challenge Lee, (and thanks for looking)


This was done for Giovana's 3 diecuts challenge, this is A-2 in real life. The dies are from Memory Box and Paper Trey Ink. The white lace is vintage, the black trim is may arts as is the gingham ribbon. 


        {the stamp and paper and such info can be seen on these cards in the splitcoast gallery. }

No comments: