2.11.2012

VSN Mini

This one was done for Heather's colors of Tulips challenge you needed the flower on your card and the bright green with your tulip colors... so this one is 5 1/2" square in real life, the penny black duck image was gifted to me years ago and colored with prisma pencils at that time. I don't remember its name or who sent it anymore. (and I'm going to make a huge dent in the images tin doing VSN samples I hope, because I've already tossed the really badly colored ones recently and that was a cool thing in the end like a weight lifted.) That red dotted pp is from pebbles the yellow and bright green are unknown, I *think* that sentiments from justrite on a memorybox tag die. the pearls are kaiserkraft.
if you normally read this blog you know I've made quite a few daisy cards recently and this paper was picked up with that in mind and then came along Tracy's poppin posy's challenge and
I decided these petals looked round enough {easy enough} to cut out and pop up into the design.
:) so this is 4 1/2 X6" in real life, This base is PTI vellum cardstock and I lined all the sides with Neenah solar. the herringbone pattern is the back side of the pp. The sheer polkadot ribbon wraps through the inside. I did add a craft button and some string to the bottom largest flower and the sentiments from A Muse. This photo is also looking a little fuzzy to me so may re-shoot this one in better daylight.
These flowers were made with white satin ribbon Alison rak'd to me in an exchange box years ago and then the largest center one has some silver sheer twisted up with it. I have never made my own 3-d flowers before so this was cool and I think I will be doing some more of it soon. the one on the bottom left was first I just twisted the ribbon in the air and wound it around it self and then added lots and lots of glue dots to the backs and stuck a tiny strip scrap of paper to that to anchor it all. then the first one is not quite as tight and started to unravel after it was on the card so it has a few more tiny glue dots tucked into it through the wrapped rolls.
This was done for Barbara's 3-d flowers challenge where you have to make your own flowers on the card. I used this penny black kitty that was rak'd to me years ago and colored at that time with prisma pencils for the main image. there is also a tiny amount of diamond glaze painted onto the hearts of his tie for texture. this was die cut with an spellbinders die. That heart printed paper /red dots is double sided from pebbles ( used a scrap of it on the ducky card above) the kraft is from Paper trey ink. This one's blank sentiment wise. and is 5 1/2" square in real life.
This outlines stamp is one that I got as a prize for winning their blog challenge recently and this was done for Kelly's use flourishes on your card challenge, I decided the swooshing air around the hats was almost flourished and then ran the silver shimmer cover sheet through an emily's bouquet cuttlebug folder because it's flourished on the edges but it really faded behind this image so, then I ran one of the scraps through the sizzix elegant flourishes die and tucked them mostly behind. that main image panel is up on pop dots. this ones stamped with memento on neenah & colored with copic's and gelly roll glaze pen. the white stitched with silver paper I think is provocraft the silver and navy is unknown. It's 5X7 in real life.
This was done for Kelly's what came first challenge {chicken or the egg} (use an egg or chicken image on the card) and although I think chickens came first, I chose this northwoods egg basket because, it does not see ink very often. I stamped this with versafine on some neenah ( its speckle toned forgot its name again) and then colored it slightly with su chalks. the lace is vintage, the sentiments from the dollar bin. those are spellbinders dies. the mini brads are from lasting impressions. that printed paper is from basic grey. this ones 6" square in real life.
remember if you want to play along with these you have all weekend to do so and get them uploaded into the gallery at splitcoast by monday afternoon ( if your in PST)

No comments: