1.28.2012

Hollyhocks for Kim

This one was done for this weeks featured stamper challenge at splitcoast, Kim Luv Flowers, Congratulations Kim! one thing that struck me while I was cruising your gallery was how often and well you do a blue green color combo and then I came across this cardhttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=85060
and I totally LOVED the softness of the colors, so since I had just received this stamp in the mail the other day and I "think" they grow in blue ( the ones in my yard are red ) I decided to use your card as the sketch/colorcombo jump start for mine. to keep the softness I colored this with chalks and a blender pen, changed the stamps and switched the ribbon to lace. (had to sew the panels my glue's not sticking really well now that its cold enough to snow)
This is 6" square in real life, the Image is from PSX stamped with versafine on some Neenah Earthstone ( which is actually specke-ly looking and not quite white or cream in real life) colored with su chalks and a tombow blender (that really needs replaced) and the Sentiments from an old old su set ( no clue on the name but the rubbers purple and the date on the block is 2006) that was die cut wish some Petite Oval dies. the flower panel is up on pop dots. the Check pp is from My Minds Eye, the handmade paper was run through an Craft Concepts budding vine embossing folder. the lace is vintage wrights hemming lace, the blues are from Bazzill, the green shimmer strip is from DCWV, I though the base was sage shadow, but its not the same shade as the samples that came to me via wish rak so, now I'm wondering if its some old color of CTMH. ( not sure)

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Stacy, this is absolutely Gorgeous. I want that stamp! You did such a beautiful job of coloring this image and you made such a beautiful card with it. I love this card.

Vikki Jo said...

OMG this is beautiful Stacy! Great coloring!!