7.19.2007

revisiting some old and newer stamps combos

hee hee... Penny has tagged me as an Rockin' girl blogger! :) I'm going to A) try very hard not to get a swelled head and B) check before i post my list of who I am going to tag with this. The template is not letting me tinker today so, I will move my kewl pink button to the side later... :) I have had so much happy mail. I have not photographed any of it. Sorry Guys, I'm hoping to share soon. It rained all day yesterday. (which was nice) and the bread turned out to be a flop taste wise, so no recipe to share. but it did give me the idea to try adding a pint of Blueberries to my regular Zucchini bread recipe (which does have super flavor) after that experiment i will post results if it turns out really yummy.
yes, I do know its blurry... BUT i managed to catch the bling bling from this angle so i kept the shot anyways. {it's from an sakura gelly roll pen, Stardust}
This wreath stamp (SU) is probably one of the oldest stamps i own. I've had it a LONG time, and I have no memory of ever making a card with it. It is stamped with Versafine Smokey Grey. and colored with Prisma markers and pencils. Last night I received my SU order from Alice's last party and I wanted to play with these papers they are even better looking in person. the darker blue in the base of the card is Blue Bayou and its stamped with the Fine Lace in Not Quite Navy dye ink, then the light blue color under the wreath and sentiment are the Soft Sky color cardstock. the red color is Cranberry Crisp. and the pale green under the sentiment is River Rock. I'm not positive about the light blue organdy, It could be SU or it could be Offray. This card is 5X7 in real life.
This was the first card i did today after work, the background (Well Worn Words) from SU is stamped with Tim Holtz Fired Brick distress dye ink on cream cardstock then trimmed with deckle scissors. Its Mounted to Mellow Moss cardstock that has Gold Krylon Paint pen on the edges, the ribbon is from May Arts, the sentiment is from Savvy Stamps. the Main image is from Holly Berry house, its colored with Mellow moss, and tombow #837 markers and some sakura gelly roll pens. there is also Large gold brad (Joanns) in the center. I don't think i will do this layout again, but I do like the color combo.

5 comments:

Penny said...

Oooh, I like the sparkle on the wreath card! Very pretty!

LindainNCtoo said...

Gorgeous cards, Stacy. If you say that the red colored card is a "bad" card, I like to see your worst. You cannot make a BAD card!!!!

I love the angle shot to show the bling. I would have never known the wreath had a sparkle to it.

Thank you for sharing your works!!!

Linda

Cora said...

These Christmas cards are lovely. I especially like the red card with the Holly Berry stamp on it. I have this stamp and am always looking for ideas.

Corie said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! Love them

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I've never seen the wreath stamp but wowza! You worked it well. All of your cards are awesome in the truest sense of the word! AWESOME!!