3.21.2016

VSN {so far}

The theme for this current VSN is Here comes the sun.

 Melody's challenge is to use circles... This is A-6 in real life, the birds are from technique tuesday, the letter background is from MFT and the sentiments are from Dylusions.

 Brenda's challenge was to create a round sun shape symmetrically with something ( not a sun stamp) The two sizes of snowflakes are wood mounted so, I did not get them absolutely perfect and tied the ribbon over that as a decoy distraction. The sentiment is from Savvy Stamps.

 Sharon's challenge was to use music, lyrics and I needed a girl birthday (ballet) card so, this was done for that. it's 6" square in real life. the shoes are from my heart stamps for you and the sentiment is from Altenew (stamped repeatedly)

 Sabrina's challenge was to do a shades of grey card with a pop of Yellow... so, this butterfly ( prickley pear stamps ) was heat embossed on the shimmery gold vellum a while back and that sentiment is from Hero Arts.


Michelle had a do a vintage theme challenge and I have you know piles of things I had made in the past ( heat embossed) or things I colored and did not use at the time in a box. so, this melted pearls butterfly ( Savvy Stamps ) was done for one of the previous Dare to get dirties or HYCCT challenges and it was an extra that was not used and not discarded. same thing with the thank you sentiment from Concord & 9th.

 This paper is something I picked up recently just because it was so dang pretty and I really didnt have a plan for it but, I cut off a square and had it laying on the table and thought the colors could go vintage... the lace is vintage. the base is DCWV. and this one is 6" square.

 Misti has an things that happen out doors when it warms up theme... and I had gotten this penny black set recently and water colored it for the heck of it. ( I need more guy cards) and so, while I was water coloring it, I decided people plowing through the dirt get their tires dirty haha so, I think the dirt and the greys blended a little too much on the tires but, it's still OK. and it does give it that is being really used look.

 Now Lisa had a use a boat image on your card challenge... so this gal from Viva Las Vegas came out of the box... ( I colored her a long time ago I am guessing with copic makers and prisma pencils) the dream sentiment is from an old SU one ( where the rubber is purple) and the hang in there is from Stampa Rosa.

 just for laughs I had stamped a couple of these chicks with this sentiment (because, I just got this sentiment in the mail recently) and so, when I seen Angie's challenge was to send sunshine in a box I started smiling and colored this chick up. ( its done twice and paper pieced into the design for a little depth)

 Do you see all the eyelets? ( those are paper hole reinforcers on the die... and they are teeny tiny and it takes forever to paint liquid glue on that backs) which is not normally a big deal in my reality but, VSN challenges are timed to top out at 1 hour of actual construction time & Merla's challenge is to use something new... so, not having played with this before... I had no clue how long it would take me to figure out the die.

 

The all star sneaker die and these sentiments are all from My Favorite things.
I love chucks and I have a pair of pink lowtops actually that I wear on sunshiny days. But, June recently took an order from someone that was for 10 teenager cards... and since I did not meet the person or get any kind of a feel for what they are really after I have randomly been working on this list (that was very little to go on) to complete this for him so, this card was done for that. I think this could be given to a teenager ?


Sonja's challenge was to pick one of the heat required techniques to try. and I chose the tutorial Loll did with heating copper shim metal. I die cut it with an Memory box prim poppy and used the scrap of corrugate to stabilize it and the sentiment is from lil inkers.

I think there are like 4 more to go, but it will depend on if I can tweak them to suit other cards I need to make as to if I will get them done before the deadline next weekend. (are you playing along? you can find the details here:

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good luck! I'm on SCS but don't really pay attention to what is going on except for the Wed. sketch and the newsletter. Very creative cards you've made. I could have sworn those were eyelets. ;-) xoxo

Janice M said...

Oh your ballet slipper stamp finally arrived!! I love what you did with it!! Awesome cards as always.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my! Stacy, you were one busy gal! I love all the amazing and funny cards, and what fun! I've never participated in VSN, but it sure looks like a blast! And I could never do a card in one hour! Hehe! Hugs, sweet friend!