3.22.2016

Birthday Cards

 So recently June took a request from an older guy who wanted to have 8 birthday cards for teenagers ( 2 cards for 4 kids) and 2 graduation cards... and the only details I had were one girl dances ballet,  So these ballet slippers were personalized to say Happy Birthday Olivia on the cover. the other grand daughter is grown and "finding her self" one boy is 16 ish or will be and is into dirtbikes, and the second boy is graduating this year and likes "science"... So, this started off a mental panic as that really is not much clue wise to go from and I promptly ordered this large ballet feet stamp from My Heart stamps for you and when it came I colored one yellow and one in shades of pink and ended up being able to use the yellow pair during VSN.

 So, this is what I did with the pink pair.

 Now these I was whimpering about this to Janice ( as it took a few weeks to receive the stamp order) and she said I have some ballet shoes I will stamp you off a couple just in case... and so, I ( ruined the ones on white cardstock trying to figure out where to color and what to leave blank haha) and then with these kraft ones I decided to just scribble in some white gel pen and try to keep them simple. this one the sentiment is from Verve Stamps and the one below the sentiment is geared more towards it could maybe work as her graduation card if he picks one of the big shoe cards for one of her birthdays. after he seen these Kraft and White cards he firmly told me that Ballerina's wear pink and these looked like "boy" cards... So, they are headed to the booth in the fall.


 The music sheet print is from Recollections last year at Christmas time.
 these are both A-2 in real life.

 Now, I really just mentally hit the wall with the "finding them sleves or likes science " for clues. so, I decided to do some generic-y cards that maybe will work. ( he has not seen these yet)
the balloons are from SU and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

 A warm version.

 Funnily enough right after like the day after this grandpa asked for cards the lady who gave him my work address called work and asked for a card for that man. and the only clues she gave was she wanted humorous and enduring... and that they go out to the woods and hunt trees together... so over that weekend ( she gave me a two day deadline for this card) I made a few different versions. this was one of them) and no, she did not buy any of the cards I spent the weekend worrying about to make for her to choose from. the trees are a die cut from Tim Holtz and the sentiment is from Club Scrap.

 Another generic guy card that was done real simple as a choice for the man's birthday.
The image is from Crafters Companion. ( it was a goof on Amazon the Penny black cat with the birdcage scene humorous stamp set had its picture on the words that would give you this scene... so, I decided to keep it even though I did leave them a comment that perhaps they should put the correct stamp photo onto their right purchases so, it doesn't happen to someone else.

 Found this dirt bike image also on Amazon and I was really worried it would not arrive quickly because, it came from the UK. but, it did arrive in a week and a half or so... so, this was water colored and fussy cut and is up on pop dots. and this one was personalized for Eli.

 I am not really sure who makes the stamp, it says on Amazon that it was sold by Stamp Press and fulfilled by Athena Crafts UK. its name is extreme Motorcycling Unmounted rubber stamp.
 This owl just looked so fluffy and cool to me ( Impression Obsession) kids smart about science owls are supposed to be mascots for smarts right? ( that was the thought process)
I know, I know... and I really don't have anything "science" for images... when I googled that I kept seeing Halloween sets with breakers of poisons and spiders all over them. I did find one set from maybe lawn fawn or someone but, it was a little too young I think. ( well, I never met any of these kids so, my brain says no, that set is too cute)

 something that I really don't like much. those green flowers are kind of hmmm... (sentiment is from Penny Black I think.

 This one the sentiment (SU) has some shimmery H2O's over the top of the stamping. which goes ok with the polished stone sheet under it.

in real life. I will post the graduation cards later in a separate post because, I know these posts lately have been really photo heavy and my internet gets crabby about posting them all.
 These candles are from Penny black and while I was water coloring them I decided to add in a grey shadow to the left side of every candle to give them all a little more depth.

So, some of the choices the man will have to choose from also include some of the water colored blooms from the previous post for the older girl.

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card on top Stacy the other cards are all beautiful
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, you are a card-making machine, girl! Wow, I love the sweet birthday cards with the ballet shoes, and the masculine one is fabulous with the great sentiment. Great dirt bike with a wonderful DP and perfect embellishment! Love the little owl and the blackboard image too. Each one CAS and others are fabulous! Wow, you've been busy!! Hugs!

Janice M said...

Man you are on a roll!! LOVE what you did with the "kraft" ballet shoes (may have to case it!!) an the large ones in pink are perfect!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, thatsalotsacards! Very nice selection. xoxo