7.11.2014

A Textured Heart


The Ways to use it challenge this week is to use 3 kinds of textures on the project... So, I am thinking I missed it by one. unless visual texture counts besides lumps and bumps. 


I had happy mail today when I got home from work in the form of a filled envelope from Our Daily Bread designs, so of course it had to be inked and cut. The heart is the one in the Heart and Soul set and honestly I bought the large stand alone heart stamp too ( same flag design) they are not that much different scale wise as I had imagined them to be. who knows if they list the stamp sizes on the site I tend to hardly pay attention to that stuff when the impulse thing hits. Because, I had come across this beauty in the gallery when I was surfing earlier in the week and that knocked me right off the yes, I will get it someday fence... 



The heart was colored direct to rubber with the SU watercolor crayons in Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy & Creamy Carmel. then misted with water. so, it did bleed a little but, not in an unrecognizable way. and then the sentiment was over stamped with versafine after that dried. I tapped some snow-tex on the edges of this with an glue type brush. ( the snow-tex did wash off the brush) but, this was the first time I had opened that and was not sure what the clean up would be like so, I did use a disposable brush. This was diecut with a die from the Ornate Hearts die set and the edges were inked with creamy brown fluid chalk. there is also some stardust gelly roll pen on this part. 


The background started with the SU sanded background being stamped with Creamy brown fluid chalk ink then this was sprayed with some Goosebumps. this started taking forever to dry so, patience is not my virtue and I cooked it with the heat gun. ( watched it bubble up etc etc) and did let it sit for a few minutes to further dry. the distress inks were color dusted over the top of this and then I misted a paper towel with water and wiped the ink off the top of the goosebumps textures. the wings were die cut from a scrap of textured bazzill using the Angel Wings set and those edges are also inked with creamy brown chalk. This is A-7 in real life. 

1 comment:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I saw your card on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog as the Customer Card of the Day, and had to come take a look. Congrats on being honored! Love your card, especially the colors. Kind of a muted patriotic scheme. Thanks for sharing this!