6.27.2014

Hopeful Tulips with some loot


This one is 6" square in real life, the cheesecloth was colored with spritz and sprays then scrunched in my hand to mix the colors. the Rubbernecker watercolor tulilps were done with those oil based water activated pastels I picked up the other day. the Sentiment ( also from Rubbernecker) was stamped with some Versafine Spanish Moss ink. That panel is up on thicker pop dots. 


It did drip just a bit as I had applied the crayons direct to rubber then sprayed with water then stamped the flower on the Neenah. 


a side view. 


 a closer look at the crayons used on this flower the another thing I have tried with them besides direct to rubber is direct to an embossing folder which was spritzed with water and then "stamped" and they work really well that way too. no staining on the folder and that was easier to clean up then gelatos. 


We hit an estate sale this morning and this is the loot that followed me home, except the missing thing is a vintage box of Crayola Crayons that I picked up for .50 cents. ( the ways to use it this week is to use crayons) and I have to go re read it to see if these oil ones I used on the card above will "count" or not. 


I have been finding my self picking up pieces of hobnob type milk glass this last year and even though this one is an ashtray ( I think ) I think the division in the center will just make it that much more interesting for sorting small things. the knob has the screw on the back still and the tiny sugar cube tongs I think I will use to hold things I need to melt with my heat gun because, it really does get scary when you catch your nails on fire with the dang thing. ( ask me how I learned that eh?) ;) 

3 comments:

Godelieve said...

Hi Stacy, thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving a comment! Good to hear something from a "pea" :)
That's a wonderful card you made, and such great finds!

stampingbowd said...

I was just scrolling down my blogger reader looking for a company that escapes my memory at the moment and a picture of your card was in the scroll and I had to take a closer look even before I realized it was one of your beauties! So gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your technique and the bit of product review!!!

Unknown said...

Love your loot. The hobnail milk glass is a candle holder and will hold a silk candle ring along with a pillar candle. It was made by the Fenton glass company in Marietta, OH. It may also function as a candy dish as well. I believe the long lived company went out of business a few years ago.