3.07.2012

Pinterest blocked

The more I read about Pinterest terms of use... the more I decided I don't need that kind of grief. its a cool concept, but the fact that they strip the photos/content of its metadata and reserve the right to SELL anything posted on their site has convinced me I don't want to be a part of it until they make changes. So I have deleted my own pinterest account and I have added the code to block pins from happening on my blog.
if you would like to have that code for yourself it is found here:

Opting in to Copyright Protection

Pinterest have published the following on their help page

What if I don't want images from my site to be pinned?

We have a small piece of code you can add to the head of any page on your site:

When a user tries to pin from your site, they will see this message:

"This site doesn't allow pinning to Pinterest. Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!"

if you would like to read more about pinterest some interesting articles can be found here:

No comments: