1.12.2008

Driving

So, yesterday was day 4 and i drove my self to work. so, after i dropped J off at school the inside of the truck got noticeably quieter. haha. ( he is never silent) and i was stopped at this sign watching a snow plow go by and i heard this ticking noise and i started looking and thinking and i figured out it was the turn signal. ( it ticks faster then the light blinks though) ( which when i started telling this story to Tim last night he had a really technical reason why, which went right over my head. :) ) Another thing i have noticed is the water, when you run water in the sink at work . ( a small pottery bath type sink ) it is not nearly as loud as when you run it in your kitchen sink, (mine happens to be stainless steel) oh my gosh and the toilet flushing drowns out any other noise while that is going on. haha. This morning I washed some dishes in the sink with my ear on and could not believe how noisy that was. kind of interesting, so it took a LONG time to do it, more then normal anyways. Gonna go grant some wishes and color some that have come to me. More later,

7 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

This is so awesome! I am glad you are blogging about your experiences with your 'new hardware', as it were... Down the road it's going to be a great journal to come back to.. all the little things we take for granted....

Tami Bayer said...

You are on such an amazing journey of rediscovery. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Far North said...

Stacy thanks so much for sharing with us! Do know that you are not the only one that notices the vechile turn signal...the speed of that repetitive sound drives me crazy. So much so that I often turn it off while I am sitting at a light in a line of traffic and will turn it back out when the light is about to change. Hope you didn't have to hear the sounds of the snow removal plows--that too can be very harsh.
How are your spots--did they disappear yet? What new sounds did you hear today? May it be a wonderful day for you!...Jan

Heather Grow said...

I love reading your posts about your new observations. You have a great perspective.

reflections:0) said...

Stac~ Thanx for sharing... Sorry, you are itchy...

I have another friend that it made her sick to hear the potty when it flushed... She said it was so very, very, loud...

I am gald that things a good for you...

Flexie:0)

Unknown said...

Wow Stacy! Its really amazing reading about your new sound discoveries. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! Does it ever get overwhelming? Or is it like a sticking your hand into one of those bags filled with sensory objects and having to guess what they are?

Stampin' Meg said...

OH my-Stacy-I was just smiling ear to ear reading about your adventures in plumbing-I promise that I will listen to the flush of the toilet with a new appreciation now!!! Thanks for opening my ears to all the things that I take for granted. I actually love the sound of running water- especially the sound of water flowwing over rocks in a stream.