1.08.2008

All Hooked Up

Trying to get the words under this photo on the lap top took a considerable amount of time, this post is coming to you all from the hotel :) got hooked up this afternoon, only have 4 tones so far. so a lot of things tend to sound the same, voices, the tv. I can hear them but, i cant really tell what they are saying yet, there is not enough choices in the noise that i hear. tomorrow i get 3 programs in the morning and then two weeks to play with them before it gets changed again. its utterly amazing how quiet it is when you knock it off your head too. (yep done that already more then once) there's not quite enough room behind my ear for the processor and my glasses at the same time, some day the two of them will push my ear out more and share better but, not today. I heard Tim's truck start, and that sounded normal, we had the tv on a political baloney channel before dinner and could hear clapping noises the right way. knew instantly what it was, the hard this is all the high pitch tones, its been almost 25 years since I've heard those tones so they sound really strange. when she first turned it on i was like i cant believe i am really hearing this, (noise) you know i had so many people telling me not to expect much at the beginning, so just hearing the silver wear rattle at dinner was an amazing thing. i did do some new cards the other day on sunday afternoon but, so far they are only uploaded to my split coast galley. I activated the free trial of office (photo manager hides in tools of that by the way) but, it does not let you edit your photos from it. so looks like office (vista compatible) just hit the top of my shopping list for on the way home. anyways, just wanted to send out a quick up date.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Stacy that is AWESOME that it's starting to work already!! Praying it just continues and continues and continues to get better!!!!

LindainNCtoo said...

What a wonderful journey that you have ahead, Stacy.

Imagine hearing music again and hearing singing/laughter. Wow!

You will have adventure indeed. I am so glad that you can "hear" so quickly!!

PTL!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I am so exciting for you!!!! This is just awesome... The noise of silverware, your husbands truck! All of it...
Have a wonderful day!
Looking forward to more of your sounds!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natty said...

How wonderful Stacy. I'm so happy for you, It's exciting to think of all the sounds you still have to hear.

Yea for you!!!

Far North said...

Awesome Stacy!!! So glad you could recognize some sounds! Hopefully that will increase you learning curve and will give you more comfort in all that is ahead.
Sending you more prayers and good thoughts!! ...Jan

Tami Bayer said...

So happy to hear the update on your journey. I can't imagine what a miracle it is for you to hear the little things we all take for granted. Thanks for giving me a reason to take pause today.

Stampin' Meg said...

Amazing Stacy-I am so in awe reading along about your jounrey back to hearing. Big happy hugs to you!