This week Denise is sharing the Ginger Blue Decor site for inspiration and I came across this vintage looking Christmas Tree with birds and I loved the colors so, I Had this Penny Black Festive Tree stamp out on the table because, I have been wanting to use it and decided that even though its not a "vintage" style of an stamp I knew I could color it with similar colors and it would work for me.
So I stamped this with some Versafine Acorn ink on some Neenah Earthstone cardstock and started adding Daniel Smith watercolor paints to it. ( with very little water as this is an 80# card) I decided to pick shimmery gold paint for the garland strand and its very subtle so, It did not want to photograph well no matter how I tilted it.
I did end up adding a second layer of the white gouache on the snowmen, berries on the garland and the snow under the tree.
I had cut the stamped panel at 5 1/2" square so, I found this dark brown printed paper that was double sided but, it did not have the mfg info on it. but, it has some slight texture and the backside was a key print. The sentiment here is from the creative expressions woodware set called Christmas distressed labels set with the same Acorn ink but, I did end up inking the edges with some DOX scorched timber along the edges of it after I cut it out with scissors, and the same ink along outside edges of the frame layer. I did use an Spellbinders mat basics die to cut the center hole into the frame layer. And that's about it. I so like how this turned out and Yay for one more done in advance. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SCS. I have also entered this into the Christmas in July challenge on the Lost Coast Blog which you can find all the details for that here. ( its Primarily Stamped Christmas things ) Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:
This really does look lovely Stacy and the muted colour palette suits it extremely well, I’m picturing the subtle gold as a finishing touch!
Post a Comment