3.31.2024

Dirty Dozen April Card

 Hi & Happy Easter :) It's not an April Fools but, tomorrow brings the start of the newest Christmas card Prompt for doing a some each month to lessen the OMG thoughts at Thanksgiving on how many Christmas cards and such you may decide you need. 

One thing I have done recently is I have been diecutting some not so great watercolor paper in silhouette shapes I have and adding watercolor to them, cleaning palettes and such. 


So, I have a little pile of these going on the side of my table in various stages of layers of paints ( mostly Daniel Smith) on some Strathmore 400 series wc paper which is not cotton) 

Not too long ago I had hosted a watercoloring challenge to use blues and make waves. And when I did that I actually walked around the table and pulled out the other palettes of wc paints I have and I unearthed this Prima one that had never been opened. There were so many greens I cut more trees and added some of these paints over the tops of the pine trees on top and these evergreens on the bottom. 


Which lead me to pushing some of them around and making this simple little scene. the background printed tree paper is from that Pad that was propping this up to see the shadows. I did end up tearing up some white mulberry paper for the "snow" foreground and then the Sizzix Evergreen was layered to that with the Prancing Deer layered flat to that and the doe from the Reindeer Flight die up on foam pop dots over it. The Sentiment ( from the Ton blizzard hugs set) is stamped on a piece of printed green texture paper Cut with a Spellbinders Framed tags die, I've forgotten who makes the mini brad in the hole at the top of it, but that is also up on foam pop dots. 

I did add some white gel pen to the eyes when the paint was dry on the deer and The colors are a little wonky. I am not sure what is going on with my camera, I am guessing I bumped one of the settings and I have not figured out which one as of yet. the deer are a little darker in real life than this though. The shots flat on the table are cell phone ones. That's about it from me, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. thanks for stopping by.



No comments: