7.11.2023

Watercoloring a {Robin's Nest }

 It's my turn to host the watercoloring challenge at Splitcoaststampers and a while back this one from Emma Jane Lefebvre caught my eye as something I wanted to try.

So, I cut a piece of Arches cold press to 4 1/2" square and did a very rough sketch in the center with a trio of eggs. 

and started out adding some Daniel Smith browns, black and green to become the base of the nest.

added more to the nest when it dried and some blue greens to the eggs. I did keep adding just a little more paint to this a couple more times.

I decided there should be some orange-ish brown spots on the eggs and kept adding more twigs to the nest but, I think the dry brush was too dry for some twigs and perhaps this would have had more depth with a larger scale. I die cut the watercolor panel with a Pinkfresh blanket stitch square die and the sentiment was cut with a spellbinders labels trio die. these panels are up on foam tape over the Hobby Lobby printed leaf paper and the white woodgrain I think may be Micheals recollections. ( these were scraps) and the base is some textured Bazzill. It finished out at 6" square in real life. That sentiment is from A Muse. That's about it from me, I hope you are doing well & if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.




No comments: