11.04.2020

WOYWW# 596 {Fallidays}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So, you may have noticed that the Falliday's challenges and tutorials opened on Monday. ( you can find the threads here) and its a more relaxed deal than any of the others. the challenges load monday, wed, friday with a tutorial on those days also. So, two of the challenges on monday involved watercolor paper and diecuts so, I grabbed a couple of holly & berry sets from Sizzix cut some pieces and started watercoloring them on monday night after work. ( I did finish one tuesday am before work) seen below and the other is still sitting there waiting for how to continue with the leaves for the other. And yep, today a new batch uploaded but, I am not stressing this as yesterday the school officially called it that they cannot hold their fundraiser craft bazaar like usual. ( most places called theirs last spring) but, this school really depends on this and waited until the last minute to say we are not in a good enough place to continue. ( the limit is 100 bodies in a building here and there are more vendors than that) So, on one hand I have been expecting it and not really doing the craft like a crazy chick thing this year but, on the other hand as it got closer I kept stressing about the what if they really hold situation as I do not have the number of tags I would normally make and sell ready. So, I just took a big deep breath again and said this is the first year in a dozen years that the only things I need to make are what I want to give away. and that is a very freeing feeling. 

The card below is the one off to the left in the desk shot above. ( its water colored with distress oxide inks) and I will be picking up the Ice for work today and I know I have not been making the rounds. but, I hope you are all doing well and Thanks for stopping by.) 


This sentiment is a stand alone one from Unity Stamps. and this card is a funny little 5" x 4 3/4" in real life. I did tuck some glue dots under the edges of the leaves the next morning when it was dry and then ran the whole card through the big shot so smoosh it all together a little better so, nothing pops off it in the mail down the road.

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Tough luck about the fair being cancelled but at least you’re not under any pressure now, I felt exactly the same when I stopped doing craft stalls with my sewing - have fun creating just for yourself ❤️
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Sue said...

Fab watercolour Christmas card. The colours are very effective. The fair sounds massive, hopefully the school will find another way to raise some money?
Take care and enjoy the freedom. with love from Sue #26 xx

Felicia said...

Love that watercolor card! That sentiment is too cute! :) Blessings for your week! Felicia #28

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, genius....running the card through the big shot, so clever! It looks lovely too, I definitely under utilise my Oxides! I don’t blame the school for hanging on as long as possible before cancelling the fair, it’s so hard when these sort of events generate real useable income and can’t go ahead. Must be a great fair usually, over a hundred booth holders, sounds great. Go carefully and yes, let’s test the zoom...I need an idea of your time zone in relation to GMT!

Helen said...

Shame about the fair, but glad you're not under pressure! take care and stay safe.. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the Christmas card great design. Shame about the fair especially as the school probably gets much needed income from it. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x18x

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely card!
Keep safe and stay well...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry the fund raiser has been cancelled Stacy, but at least it has released time for you. Love the card. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, sad that the fair has been cancelled, been the same over here, but agree most people were expecting it. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Neet said...

Shame about the fair. We have just gone into lockdown but it is not as strict as it was in March - almost but not quite. No difference to me as I shield anyway.
Love that card, it reminds me of petals of a flower in the centre - lovely colours.
Hugs, Neet xx 5

Chrissie said...

Your card reminded me that like you, I do like to add a little dimension to my cards by using some dimensional pads. Sadly the Royal Mail is not so keen and charge extra for 'fat letters'. So like you, I have been known to put a card through the Big Shot after completion to flatten it a little... sufficient to get it through the letter sizing gauge!
Take care and stay safe!
Chrissie #12

Shoshi said...

That's a gorgeous card! I love the subtle embossed look of the picture and the lovely watercolour effect, and the fact it's in non-traditional colours too. It's most unusual and effective.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #17

Caro said...

The card is simply fabulous! Sorry for the extremely late visit. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

Spyder said...

Your card is very different! Love the water type colours! I spy some squaer die cuts, I must get me some! Stay safe, Happy Late WOYWW?
((Lyn)) #25