9.01.2020

Dare to get Dirty the outtakes

 

So, Diane has a challenge and I kinda sorta did what I read in the title of it rather than what she really asked for. ( it happens, I read the words and I get an idea and its easier to just give in and make it than let it sit around hollering for attention in the depths of the thought pool) kwim? This dog is from Impression Obsession ( water colored on wc paper here) and the sentiment is from stamping bella tiny townie loves her dog set. This one is 5" square in real life, the frames were made with some stitched square dies from scraps of things previously made. ( if I make a frame sometimes I make a second one smaller from the drop piece and set it aside )


Now, this started out being for Nancy's challenge. The tag is really an off white speckled color cardstock that has green acrylic paint on it this was cut with a Mama Elephant tags a lot die which is about A2 in real life with a stitched edge. the faux leather fabric was ironed to some fuseable web and cut with a Sizzix primitive star die and then ironed onto the tag like an iron-on patch. The sentiment is from Papertrey ink. The ribbon is an old one from maybe micheals maybe joanns from their Christmas line a few years ago. The cord is hemp string. and after it was done I realized I did the same thing to her challenge as I did to Diane's and so, since its still cool in its own right I am going to go ahead and share it here but, I did not put it into the gallery at SCS. 

This was going to be a combination for Susan's challenge and the Inspiration site that Amy shared a couple of weeks ago and I just even now I cringe when I see the piece I water colored next to the printed paper. ( its just too busy for me to see the pale solid colors be book ends here, I think I would have liked this much better to go solid, print solid print rather than solid print print solid. kwim? ) It was tossed into the box headed to the booth in November. At any rate I did get half of them posted to the gallery so far and that is a good feeling for me. Hope you are doing well and I gave you a smile letting you see that there are totally blooper days for me too. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: