8.20.2017

A Hodgepodge of things

 A while back the Inspiration challenge was to use or feature printed paper and at the time that challenge came out, this Cat (katzelkcraft) was a new stamp on my desk... so, it was a quick and easy one. The sentiment is from Riley & Co.

 And at some point the clean and simple challenge was to show your patriotism. and I had already had this heart ( Our Daily Bread Designs) already stamped ( watercolor crayons) in the colored images file so, it was also a really quick and easy one for me. the sentiment is a Simon Says Stamp die.

last weekend the Inspiration Challenge headed to this Houzz site and I loved the framing of this piece, the peacefulness of this tree scene and the out of the box look to this tree on these pieces of art.
The treeline stamp is from Hero Arts and the sentiment is from the Altenew holiday wishes set. the tree/bird die cut are from Impression Obsession. 


 This was done inspired by this one in AJ's gallery when she was featured stamper. This one the birds are from technique tuesday and the sentiment is from Art Impressions and the flowers and grass are from Avery Elle more stories set.

 Now somewhere in there... there was some challenge somewhere about making your own background and this was a trial piece done with oxide inks and a Tim Holtz stencil. that I must not h ave gotten around to uploading it so, I don't remember the info. that sentiment is from Impression Obsession though, ( I think)
 it really is irritating when you cannot remember last month but, I think this was my step-dad's birthday card. ( but, I cannot remember that for sure now) ETA: it was NOT I found it in the sale basket at work the other day lol... the tape measure is from the Darkroom door set the happy birthday is from Altenew and the age sentiment I think may be hero arts.


 There is a card drive for a younger lady who is fighting cancer and the request is for humorous cards. you can find the details for that here. The sentiment on this is from Riley & co. and the girl is from the Unity Stamps set called Part of the story.
 So, the other day June took a card request from a lady who buys my cards that she wanted an 8X10 or larger sized card that would have a floral bouquet on the cover. and blank inside as she needs to write 50 names inside for the people who helped her in a recent hospital stay. and the largest size cardstock I have is 12" square. so, this was my first attempt at that. and the one below is the second. and they are both 6" x 9" in real life. The diecut words on this one are from Hero Arts. and I think that biggest crochet bloom on this one is one that Janice gifted me with and the smaller one I am not sure. I did use two different scraps of this same print on this and then added in some skinny rose gold washi tape in the valley of the cut.

This one I used the Hero Arts thank you die and the lil'inkers rectangles that are stitched dies. the framed part is up on skinny foam pop dots.

 Last week there was a card request for Angie's sister who loves dogs and the 50's & 60's and Dorris Day movies and bright colors and during that same week Sharon was featured stamper and I seen this card of her's that I loved and decided to use it as the jump start for the teapot request card.

 Today's featured stamper is Diane and she made this cake topper that is just gorgeous with these layers of petals and leaves and such, the shaping must have taken forever... and I loved that. and I had these new dies sitting on the table and thought, well if you use premade flowers that are 3-d maybe you can build a bouquet... so, instead of a bouquet I wound up with a 3 layer of petals bloom with some Penny Black sprigs/leaves ( there is white acrylic paint on the berries) and a Hero Arts sentiment on one of their tag dies. the white wood grain cardstock has a MFT square peek a boo window cut into it off set to the side.



3 comments:

Janice M said...

Oh WOW where do I start?! LOL What an AWESOME stack of cards. I recognize that flower for sure and you used it beautifully. LOVE the paper you paired with it. That life alert sentiment is sooo funny and I need to get some of those off you sometime. Think my neighbor would get a huge kick out that for her 1 friend. Love the way you used those long legged birds too and the sentiment you paired with it. Sure i'm missing saying something but you've rocked these card for sure!

Belinda said...

Stacy I love all of those cards. I especially love the humorous one with the lady in her book and the dog walking one! I am curious about the charity you mentioned. That is a wonderful idea.
Have a blessed day my new friend!
Belinda #29

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Belinda, any of the colored words in the text post of my blog should have hypertext links in them to take you to the ( what ever it is I was talking about so, you can read more about it) the teapotters challenge at Splitcoaststampers happens on tuesdays
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-f260/
they release a new person to shower with cards and the gal with cancer the request came from a DT gal I know and she has that thread in the "need a lift" section also at SCS
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/need-lift-f63/
Hope this helps,
:)
~Stacy