7.31.2017

Dare to get Dirty {day 2}

Sunday was day two for this years DTGD event and this card below was something I did as a sample for Nancy's challenge seen here. I remember being very impressed with my self that I finally was able to make a de-bossed frame with a die (lawn fawn large cross stitch square) in the card front and not cut it apart with my bigshot. the steps were a little different than for my cuttlebug, what worked for me was using a tan rubber mat to do this. 

  
This is a closer look at the center. the Sentiment (from Impress) was heat embossed with some Ranger rich red on the Neenah and cut out with a Simon says stamp stitched oval die. the buttons are vintage and in the centers of those berries is a little bit of scrappers floss. 

 There is acrylic paint and Avery Elle lemon grass pigment ink on the cardboard. the Holly leaves I used a sizzix die to cut around the outside edges with scissors so that I did not flatten those groves and textures running it through the machine.

This is the first card I have made in over a month now, I did this one for Lee's challenge seen here.
Yep, I finally opened up these packages of happy mail that has arrived. the Die is a Tim Holtz sizzix mixed media die that comes with 3 others in the set. The kitty in the cup is from Your Next Stamp's this could be vodka set and the sentiment is also from YNS the Big Cups set.  The image was stamped on some Neenah solar white and water colored with a bit of extra water and some distress and spectrum aqua markers. I did force this to dry with a heat gun and the overworking the cardstock did leave it with a slight texture that to me makes it more interesting to look at like a faux watercolor paper or something kwim? this was cut with scissors and is up on pop dots. I did add some diamond glaze to the kitties eyes and some peacock marker to the open letters in the sentiment. I don't think those parts are as obvious in the photo. but, you can click on the photo to enlarge it and use your browsers back button to return.


1 comment:

Janice M said...

I need to figure out that debossing thing again! Been years since I've tried that. Oh and I LOVE that kitty in the tea cup! Too cute!