6.14.2016

Kraft & Blacks

 I have been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to make a decision about fathers day cards this year, not really knowing what I wanted to do. so, I ended up poking around finding some highly detailed images and pairing them with the Versafine ink on the Recollections Kraft cardstock. ( which is more of a layering weight than anything else but, I bought it thinking it would work for sentiments and such) so, it has a cool texture to it, but still smooth enough to take the details and I did stamp every one of these images twice so, some became fathers day and some went other directions.
This decoy is from Impression Obsession and the sentiment is Hero Arts. the gingham paper is from K & Co. and its A-7 in real life.

 Same decoy with some SU textured (shiny) wood grain on kraft that was part of a paper share Leigh Ann did years ago, I am finally bringing my self to use some of it. The sentiment die cut is from Ellen Hutson. This one is 6" square in real life.

 The mallard is from ah, I already forgot embossing arts? ( I am sure its retired)

 This is a mix of of sentiments, the tiles are vintage scrabble game pieces, the middle sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp ( it was a mothers day set this year) and then I added the teeny tiny SU fathers day wish below it all. the textured cardstock is from My Minds Eye paired with the textured SU Kraft. this one is also 6" square in real life. ( and boxed this one is being hand delivered to hubs dad)

 The shells are from Inkadinkado on this one.

 The truck is from Impression Obsession.



The Map is from Inkadinkado

The sentiment on this one is from Unity Stamps and this one is 5 1/2" square in real life. I have had this sentiment stamped and diecut on the table for months and it just caught my eye when I was fingering the second map thinking. I am still working on using up that stack of dcwv premade card bases too so, the colors were a very close match that way. the big brad is from Eyelet outlet.
All the stitched rectangles were cut with a Simon Says Stamp die.

1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! So you go from "not a clue for Father's Day" to a whole passel of wonderful masculine themed cards. They are all great. I can see why you've put off using the wood grain kraft cardstock. That looks so much like wood! Wowzah. All of them are great cards!