12.31.2014

FS Butterfly Card & some Threads...


On last Sunday evening after I had given up sorting scrapping cards for a while I made this Featured Stamper card inspired by this one from Natalie and then I shot these after dark under the artificial lights. It is not so dark in real life. there is an tim holtz memo pin holding the sentiment die cut to the keytag. which is really hard to see in these shots. 


This is 4" X 9" in real life. the base is early espresso. the Sentiment is also from SU thinking banner greetings? the butterflies were die cut from some glossy paper that had alcohol ink added to it. the green lace is from Oct. Afternoon ( *gasp* its not vintage lol) the pearls are from Kaiser, the keytag is from Recollections and all the colors are "off" on this. the butterfly pp is from Kaiser crafts also and has some shimmer to it in real life. 


now this is my other thing I spent way too much time thinking of what to do with them when the box was opened. ( I am in charge of buying the Co. Christmas gifts... and this is what I chose for me. I have wanted these for a long time I have a black, cream and iridescent spools on my table now but...) these have 400 yards on them. 


I tried a few different things in my space but, the reality is, although I like them on the vintage receipt picks I have... there are more of them now than I have picks for and there is no way to display them anywhere either... so all of them even the old rolls have been placed into a large basket and put on the shelf in the closet. ( with an towel over it to keep the dust off) so, its not {pretty} but, it is working at the moment. 

No comments: