5.12.2014

Sweet Bebe { in Pinks }


Today the challenge for try a new technique is to do something not your own style, if you normally do layers or shabby or cas or mixed media do something not normal for you. The problem I had with that is, there is not much I don't do as far as style goes. but, I do not  I mean I really Dislike to watercolor. ( seriously ) it's messy, there is so little control ( closet control freak here) I even went so far as to ask for ( and received ) a set of Derwent  inktense pencils last year for Christmas. trying to get over this mental hump. I think this is my mom's fault. sometimes she says things like OOh is it watercolors? or watercolor pencils? ( she likes these things - go figure, eh?)  and so, I just took them out of the tin last week and colored that Bunnies Mothers day card. ( and I was seriously not real thrilled with that either) So that being said. yes, its a "me" styled card but, I colored it in a way way way out of my comfort zone. 



I have the I think its 72 pencils set ( this seems very limited to me ) I did make myself an color cheat sheet since the leads do not look much like they do after melting with the water or blending what ever you call it. and there are no light shades in this set and nothing that really looks like anything close to a skin tone. SO, this baby's skin what I finally ended up doing ( this is the second version mind you the first version turned into scratch paper for this one) is I scribbled some Tan and some Carmine Pink next to each other on the scrap and took the aqua brush and kinda blended those two colors together on the scrap and transferred it to this image.
It's not perfect but, it's as good as I could come up with without pulling out my hair. 
the other colors used are:
blanket/pillow = Payne's Grey
Hair = Sicilian Yellow & Tan
Bow on the bedding is straight Carmine pink
The lips and bloom are Poppy Red 
and the Eyes are Iris Blue.



This is A-7 in real life, the watercolored baby is up on pop dots over the Mystical Embrace die cut done with some coredinations cs. the base is Bazzill and the sentiment was done a long time ago on a pink SU scrap most likely with Crimson Red Versafine ink. there are also a bit of Recollections mini brads and some Treasures by shabby chic rhinestones on this with some Swiss Dots sheer ribbon. at any rate if you'd like to play along the details are found here

No comments: