2.25.2009

this time

So, this time around the surgery seemed to be a little easier. maybe because i knew what to expect but, there were also differences because i had a different team of anasiaologists then the first time and this pair i think what may have happened is scrapped that tube inside my throat really badly. (this is kinda graphic and yucky ~ you may not want to read any farther if your squeamish) but basically i have been gagging up blood and or bloody mucus ever since i woke up from the surgery and what woke me up was the pain in my throat. they also you know cut some muscle in your neck too, forgot about that one too, can't turn my head to the right and have to turn my whole body. so have some pain in my abdomen too. that has been constant. This is not an intolerable pain its just pain. but the pain pills knock me out so this would be a good thing if i could get more then one hours worth of sleep at a time. the cat has this flop over on all his weight thing he does and has now done this twice to me (on my ear that is still has the dressing on it) and that is an rude awakening. but when i am awake i am alert. and this is good. but the pills seem to be kicking in again so am probably going to fall asleep again soon. have to make a note to myself to buy a spare battery and charger cord for the laptop that can stay it its bag.. got some happy PIF mail while we were gone too, will work on posting thank-you's later this afternoon maybe after the mail comes today so only have to do it once...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAH! I'm glad things went well! I FINALLY got my surgeries!! I had my right side done August 2008 and my left side done December 2008. HOwever, I ran in quite few complications with the left side.. It's no fun.. the CI blog is at
http://jensmessystudio.com/mycijourney/

Stampin' Meg said...

I all the pain goes away soon,Stacy. Get well soon.

LindainNCtoo said...

Just have to think what you will be able to do when all of the pain and swelling goes away, Stacy.

You need some of my chicken noodle soup that Joseph and Don ask for when they are sick.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I hate it for you the pain. I am optomistic of what lies ahead for you though. Be strong and feel better soon. Thinking of you......

Gentle hugs to you!

Tami Bayer said...

I hope your pain goes away quickly and better hearing soon follows. Sending many get well wishes.