10.04.2008

So far on world card making day...

I've had it in the back of my mind to try this ever since the first time i seen the high hopes sea floor background... ( wasn't sure the sizes would work. since that mermaids from Eureka! stamps) the mermaids on 1/16 su pop dots and the HH starfish is on an 1/8 pop dot. this is a close up look at the detailing...
This has some Mediterranean tide (fresco chalk ink) sponged along the edges of the soft sky mat. the whole card is 5 1/2" square in real life. mostly colored with prisma pencils. the aqua trim is vintage (ufo) the orange cs is Tangerine Tango and the blue is Pacific Point. The more i look at this the more i really want to rip it apart and layer it to a more subdue background card stocks and then again i did color it kinda bright. ( this is a really "not me" card for the most part i like it.)
I colored this image and the witch below last night knowing i needed two more holiday cards for Oct. (whew!) done. the holly and berries pp is from Bo Bunny Press it and the gp 110 both have old paper distress ink color dusted along the edges the textured green is from Bazzill the ribbon is unknown. the sentiment (SU all holidays) is stamped with versafine Olympia green on river rock and matted with old olive. This is 5X7 in real life.
This cute witch came to me via wish rak from Linda Palmer ( Thanks Linda) i wanted to do something "different" so she's colored more like a little girl playing dress up then so seriously spooky i guess. the cardbase is purely pomegranate and the Moroccan floral - eggplant printed paper is from Daisy D's the mat directly under the image is one of the Paper trey ink purple colors that came to me via wishrak also (don't remember the name or who sent it sorry) the metal cat charm is from MM. The ribbon came from the bolt cutting counter at joanns fabrics years ago. The sentiments from Savvy Stamps. This one is 4 1/2X6 in real life.
I just got this stamp set Pocket Silhouettes the other day... and so i was just messing around with scraps on the table. its stamped with Adirondack earth tones "espresso" on real rust ( as is the A Muse sentiment that was punched with an word window punch) the lasting Impressions "pumpkin" mini brad is nearly a perfect match for my old real rust card stock. the new pack i have is a slightly different color (lighter) guess the dye-lots vary from pack to pack over the years. Ive noticed it before but i prefer this older richer colored pack then my new one. this is A-2 in size the darker blue is not quite navy and the cardbase is soft sky. the ribbons unknown.
this is the last thing i have done today and for such a simple card it took the longest. was just messing around stamping the dill weed looking flower on some scraps of yellow (barely banana, so saffron, more mustard) with Palette cognac ink and then decided to make them rectangles with one of the smaller sized long rectangles ... these are sewn to a scrap of printed paper that was cut off straight along the bottom with the paper trimmer then i cut away the edges of the pp from the top half with scissors after it was sewn. those are doodle bug mini brads and this one is 5X7 in real life too.

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Very nice! I like the blue & orange on the mermaid card ;) but I AM the bright color person ;)

those pocket Silhouettes are too cool too!! love the torn paper and the all orangey one - I think I MUSTS get that word window punch ;)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Wow! So many projects you completed. I really like the mermaid on that background. I like the coloring on the HM poinsettias and your withc. And I like the simplicity of the pocket silhouettes card. Nice job!

Ethel Amutan said...

Oh my goodness you've been super busy! I LOVE all of the work you put into each and every piece of art you make. I especially love the last card in this set. Stacy, I've tagged you on my blog. I hope you have time to check it out!

Stampin' Meg said...

Looks like you've been having a good WCMD. I didn't get to play until this AM but I did 6 cards this AM-so now I am all pooped out!