7.06.2008

Beach Scene trials

well this evening these colored images became very simple cards... what can i say? I like them, that surprises me. I tell people that i cant even draw stick people... so its cool to see that straight lines can pass for water movement lol. ok so this one is 5 1/2 X6 in real life. the Sea grasses (versafine spanish moss ink) and beach edge (left side) are from Great Impressions. the light house on top right corner is from PSX. (as are birds on the bottom) Sentiments from Stampendous or inkadinkado. the rest is pen lines. colored with prisma pencils. Mat is a piece of Spring Moss Papertrey ink cs that came to me via wish rak. cardbase is Bazzill. the ribbons unknown, brads (huge) are from Imaginisce Caspian Copper.
This one the gal is from Viva Las Vegas stamps, (shes cut out and glued into the scene so slightly 3-d) Colored with markers (skin) and prisma pencils (everything else) Beach scene is from PSX. Sentiments from Impression Obsession. everything else is pen drawings. the Mat on this image is from Papertrey Ink (aqua mist) and came to me via wish rak. the cardbase is also PTI and called Vintage Cream. this card is 6 3/4 X 5 inches in real life.
added a little color to these last night... may add more later tonight... thinking they look better with color on the cardstock.
third and fourth attempts... girl is just sitting on top of the paper... think i need a sand texture stamp. ( thought i had one probably sold it from lack of use though) (wouldn't that just figure...)
trying something new (for me) i don't use my stamps to make scenes... And truth is i don't own many scene type stamps but, Ive found my self picking them up here and there over the last couple of months... the sea grass and beach edge are new to me ones from Great Impressions, the lighthouse is PSX i got it on ebay after i had been granted this image as a wish... the shore birds are PSX and the gal from behind in a swimsuit is from my last viva Las Vegas order. ( colored her last night and thought oh go build her a beach to sit on...) but, I'm thinking the scene's i am making look more like Oregon Coast line to me.. ( which is not how people dress here for the "beach") anyways... do they look a little odd with the pen lines trying to make the scene fill the 5X7 size space?

3 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

very nice! I actually also like the bottom one better too, I think maybe because the top one is lacking *something* in the area that the rock are in on the other one - love the birds there though ;) and I think the pen lines are good, it makes the horizon - really no bathing suits even in the summer??

Stacy Sheldon said...

its usually raining, and or when its not the wind blows right through to your bones it feels like...
(which is very different from So. Cal)

here you go to the beach in layers... usually with a sweat shirt on top...

Stampin' Meg said...

Great job on these-I am really challenged by making scenes too.
I got MFT"s by the seashore yesterday and am just agonizing about where to put the dumb waves!!
And oh yes-I have been to the beach in OR- definitely cause to wear jeans and a jacket but they are so rugged and wild-they are gorgeous.