9.19.2007

what else i have been up to...

These are fairly new to me stamps, I think i got the swirly background ( from Baroque Motifs last July) and the Angel (holy Triptych) from the party i just had a few weeks ago... the swirls are stamped in Baroque Burgundy on cheap cream cardbase, then the burgundy textured paper is from the Club Scrap package from the Caardvarks challenges, and then the Angel was heat embossed with ranger copper powder on Curious Iridescent Cryogen White (cover stock) from cut cardstock. com {the rumor is this is equivalent to the su shimmery white. So i ordered a package to see for my self.} ( now keep in mind i have been too cheap to pay 7.50 for 10 sheets from su so i don't have any to compare it with) but, i think for the price it is a nice paper to stamp on. Its a little on the thin side which is OK for me because i tend to do a lot of layering. the copper metallic paper in this card is from Staples last Christmas had variety packs of shimmery cover sheet. this cryogen coverstock feels and looks quite a bit like that. I'm pretty sure i have some bazzill the same color but, thicker. so my guess is the su paper could be bazzill but I really don't know. She the angel is colored with tombow markers and then the ribbons are unknown, And the sentiment is from Hero Arts in Aged mahogany distress ink.
These were one of the last yard sale finds i found this summer the taller canning jars in the back with the metal and glass lids...
I ended up re-sorting my buttons and primas and such again back into color families. as much fun is it is to put your hand inside a gallon jar and just shift through it all it also takes a great deal of time to find what you want that way... since these jars were a little smaller i found it easy to let some go in raks. and thats OK too because chances are pretty high they will come out with something else that i will feel obligated to buy sooner or later... ;)
Something else, i was accepted into the wish rak user group at split coast stampers about a month ago, and (its complicated when your new) but, there are rules about what cardstock is allowed and what ink is allowed. etc etc. and it made me a little crazy to think i have that cardstock ( i think) but, i dont know which one it is... so, i ended up takeing the su round tab punch and making a punch of each color that i had ( enough of to assume i bought it in a pack) or from the packs, removed all the wrappers and just wrote the cardstock color name on the tabs, and then i put the Georgia Pacific cardstock (walmart) inside of Avery page protectors (Costco) and stapled the tabs onto the edges of the protectors and slid them between the colors.
A closer look. these are inside regular rubbermaid paper trays like from any office supply store that have been glued together with plastic epoxy and stood on end on a shelf on the wall.

7 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

The Angel is gorgeous!

And ok...that does it. When you are out of the hospital I need you to come to Canada and organize my space like yours. This is so neat!

Pretty please?

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Stacy, this angel card is absolutely gorgeous. I just ordered that set, so thanks for the inspiration!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Beautiful angel!

I'm with Jennifer... You could make a living being a scrapbook room organizer! Travel to our homes, organize our stuff, and get paid!

I can be your first trial!

Stampin' Meg said...

My Gosh- you are so organized- you are scaring me!!!
That angel is utterly fantatsic.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I have all of my RAK images in an altered box ( that is only about half way done being altered so no photos yet) and then i have all my prisma pencils in a bucket and i dont use chemicals to blend them so... that is usually what i take... :)
great minds...

Penny said...

Love the colours on the angel.

And crikey, what a lot of buttons and flowers you have!! It works organised like that though, mine's still working well for me.

Lainey said...

I agree with Andi, I'd pay you to come make my stuff look that cute! :)