9.20.2015

A Featured Stamper CASE

 Today's Featured Stamper is Linda and I came across this fun card in her gallery and thought that is really cute ( and not coffee themed like most the shaped gift card holders I have made) so, I thought lets try this. and so, my version the base with the fold was 8 1/2 X 4 1/4 and its folded in the center. the embossed panel is a scrap that is layered on that as is the print strip so, the print was moved up a smidge to make this visually look 4 1/4 x 4 1/2. The sentiment is from Catslifepress.
Cut with an lawn fawn stitched label die, tucked in some of those Tim Holtz punchies I had laying on the table under the bloom.
(mostly the bloom and the sprigs were added to hide the fact that this is a tag that pulls out of the "gift box)
 So the inside is a shipping tag with a second scrap piece of the texture that had been inked with antique linen ( yep I was able to buy a new pad yesterday) and the center of that was cut with an W plus 9 gift card die. ( it does not cut the outside edge, just makes 4 flaps in the corners to tuck into.

 So then I grabbed an old used gift card I have in a little bowl where I shoot I have some props nearby and this one was on top... and I about had a heart attack thinking the die was going to be worthless because this card was so much smaller. haha.

evidently its just APPLE gift cards are smaller than the standard size everyone else seems to use for their plastic gift cards. WHEW eh? :)

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a great gift card holder! I love it, and what great photos stepped out. I wanted to see more after seeing it on SCS, and I really got a giggle out of your almost mishaps. So funny that Apple gift cards are smaller, but they sure are better IMHO! Hugs!

stampingbowd said...

Wow! This is so elegant!!! What a fun way to send a gift card! Your inspiration piece gave me a chuckle! Isn't that the truth!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a totally cool way to send a gift card and make it seem more like a gift.